Wireless Daryna KDE Community Edition BETA 011

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marguz
Level 1
Level 1

Wireless Daryna KDE Community Edition BETA 011

Post by marguz »

Hey all,

I just installed the beta KDE edition beta 11 of Daryna and I would like to know it this distro has the restricted drivers app that Ubuntu and the official Mint Linux have? I would like to get my wireless going and it was sooooo easy with the restricted drivers thingy. I know I can get it going with ndiswrapper as I have a infamous Broadcom chipset, and it works great on Gnome Linux Mint and Ubuntu, just that I wanted the "easy" way out ;-)

TIA..

LOVE THIS DISTRO.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
marguz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Wireless Daryna KDE Community Edition BETA 011

Post by marguz »

Sometimes the best thing is to learn on your own. While I used windows wireless drivers in Linux before, this time I just just at a loss. Spending my "free time" at work debugging this I finally got it going. Well, the true test will be when there is a access point to connect to but at least I get "my little blue light" :-)

What I failed to do was blacklist the bcm43xx module from loading. Everything else I did was spot on and once I entered that into "/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist" then did a reboot my little blue light is on, Yeah me! So once I get back to my hotel "yep on the road Linux style ;-)" I'll post back here while in my nice new Linux Mint KDE beta 4.0

I followed this link to get wireless working (this is where I see that he blacklisted the module)
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... er-463002/

I may just leave Ubuntu and park my rear-end right here.
marguz
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Wireless Daryna KDE Community Edition BETA 011

Post by marguz »

Yep.... it works......

This is the first time I've used KDE and I kind of feel that KDE lags in easy wireless. I mean, how many tools are needed to setup a access point.

Well, I must now get to work and try to understand all these tools :-)

Later

Return to “Hardware Support”