Logitech C270 webcam + skype + LMDEx64 audio problems

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jippu

Logitech C270 webcam + skype + LMDEx64 audio problems

Post by Jippu »

Hi!
First off my setup is:
- Dell latitude E5400 laptop
- Linux Mint Debian Edition -64bit
- Logitech HD C270 USB webcam
- Skype v. 2.2.0.35
- Pulse Audio v. 0.9.21
- Current kernel: 2.6.39-4.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64

I started to follow the instructions on THIS THREAD to set up my skype, so I wouldn't need to log on to windows each time I call my gf. Everything works fine until step three. My webcam is recognized in PulseAudio correctly and the volume sensor bar moves along with my voice. Then I go to Sound Recorder and try to record a bit of my speech to see if everything is in order, but as I'm recording, the time counter moves slowly - as in one second recorded lasts about 3-4seconds in real life. This results in very fast playback - my 10second recording lasts about 3 seconds and sounds like Alvin and the chipmunks!!

I did a google search on this and it seems I'm not alone with this problem. The exactly same problem has been discussed on the archlinux forums, link to the thread is HERE.

Can someone please help me get my webcam off the chipmunk mode?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jippu

Re: Logitech C270 webcam + skype + LMDEx64 audio problems

Post by Jippu »

Okay, so, I switched back to the oldest kernel I had installed, version 2.6.32-5-amd64 and the problem is gone so this is definitely a kernel issue. Hopefully this will be fixed soon and is there a way to report this bug exists?

I'll give version 2.6.38-5 a try since I have that also installed - I'll return here with the results.

Return to “Hardware Support”