Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
jreis
Level 1
Level 1

ndiswrapper Wifi Driver Issue

Post by jreis »

Hello all,

I just installed LMDE, the XFCE 64 bit version, on my main PC. I have a Linksys WMP300N wifi card in it. I was trying to get ndiswrapper to use it, but it doesn't seem to work for some reason that I can't seem to fathom. Here's what I've done so far:

installed the .inf file, and the 32 bit .sys file into the ndiswrapper folder (as i understand it, 64 bit wifi drivers tend to have problems with ndiswrapper)

i ran ndiswrapper in the terminal and it is using the driver

modprobe shows the .ko is loaded, and ndisgtk says the hardware is present

/etc/modules is set to run ndiswrapper at startup

blacklisted ssb, bcm43xx, bcm43 and bcm43legacy

after all this, the wifi interface still doesn't show up in nm-applet, and running mintwifi doesn't show any wireless interfaces. am i missing anything? is there anything additional i need to do? if anyone out there can help, i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Arcosanti
Level 1
Level 1

Re: ndiswrapper Wifi Driver Issue

Post by Arcosanti »

Were you able to resolve this issue? Even though ssb is blacklisted check to see if it is loaded as another module may be causing it to load. If that is the case then unload ssb and then ndiswrapper. Then reload ndiswrapper. If that works then you will want to make a startup script that does this for you at boot time. That's pretty much what I had to do as the ethernet driver causes ssb to load even though it is blacklisted.

jreis
Level 1
Level 1

Re: ndiswrapper Wifi Driver Issue

Post by jreis »

Thanks for the info, but I actually ended up trying another distro instead. Still having issues, though, so here's hoping I find a solution. Thanks again!

Return to “Hardware Support”