UPSIDE DOWN CAMERA ON ASUS

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kerriannec31

UPSIDE DOWN CAMERA ON ASUS

Post by kerriannec31 »

i have just installed Linux 11 into my asus x5dc and my webcam is upside down. I have tried Windows vista/ win 7 ultimate, Ubuntu 10.04 and also Linux mint 10 but the camera has been upside down with them all. I have read through all the threads on this site and through google. I have tried all types of command prompts, driver installs/updates uninstalled and reinstalled (you name it i have tried it). I had cheese but it didnt change the flip through skype. I used Manycam with windows it changed the flip but i had no sound. I have also tried to remount my camera the correct way up but couldnt. I have now admitted defeat and giving up trying unless someone else can suggest anything that might work.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: UPSIDE DOWN CAMERA ON ASUS

Post by xenopeek »

Reportedly, your webcam driver module may have a parameter called vflip. You would have to load the module with vlip=1.

There is also a long topic here about webcam being upside down http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=33109, not sure if it applies to your webcam though. The solution is at the end, given by ibm450.
kerriannec31

Post by kerriannec31 »

Hi i have already tried those steps and nothing. Really at the end of my tether now just cant seem to find a solution anywhere. everything i try just doesnt seem to work.
oobetimer

Post by oobetimer »

kerriannec31 wrote:Hi i have already tried those steps and nothing. Really at the end of my tether now just cant seem to find a solution anywhere. everything i try just doesnt seem to work.
Cheese --> Camera effects --> upside down

kerriannec31

Post by kerriannec31 »

Already tried cheese it flipped the camera the right way round in the cheese settings but then when i load skype its back upside down again.

Return to “Hardware Support”