Samsung RV513 Microphone is working intermittently.

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
el_guero

Samsung RV513 Microphone is working intermittently.

Post by el_guero »

OK.

Equipment: Samsung rv-513
Added padevchooser and alsamixer as my WAYNE user. And I su'd ....

I am a newbie to Mint. However I have run RH and Suse Linux off and on for over 6 years.

OK - this is a language issue. If you read and write English you CAN help. And if you help in Russian, I will figure it out.

I bought a Ukrainian laptop ($250) with linux mint? New? I really couldn't pass it up. But, I bought it to skype home. I will keep that story short. But, they do not have hardware for my brand new mac here .... I knew I should NOT install LION.

So, I bought the laptop to skype home with. The laptop is one week old.

I ran "inxi -A" from CLI. Here is the output:

Audio: Card-1 ATI Device 1314 driver HDA Intel
Card-2 ATI SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) driver HDA Intel
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.23

Here is what I do know. I can get the Mike to work sometimes. I can get it to recognise an external mike sometimes.

I have to load programs padevchooser and alsamixer .... and if I hold my laptop just right .... I can phone home with skype.

Speakers work. Mike just works intermittently.

I would hate to take it back. It is a fun little OS.

And I get a free Russian keyboard ....

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Wayne

Standard PS: I googled (tried the only two related suggestions padevchooser and alsamixer) These let me get intermittent mic ...
I called US Samsung support. They were willing to help, but since this is a Ukrainian Laptop, they had no service data.

And since my Ukrainian is ZERO and my Russian is about NILL, I could sure use some help.

PSS if you do answer in Russian. I can read enough with a little help from a translator to finish it .... :)

Spacibo Bolshoi!

PSSS and YES the owners manual does have an English section (go figure). But, it lists 6 graphics cards .... It gives better detail on how to load a CD ....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
el_guero

Re: Samsung RV513 Microphone is working intermittently.

Post by el_guero »

32 bit.

$ uname -a
$ Linux 2.6.38-8-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 03:31:50 UTC 2011 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Return to “Hardware Support”