Unable to reload "safely removed" camera card

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Meteor
Level 3
Level 3

Unable to reload "safely removed" camera card

Post by Meteor »

A search for the title didn't bring up anything. I've tried various wordings but cannot get anything positive. Perhaps I'm being too vague or am looking in the wrong place...

I booted with the card from my camera in the slot in my printer (Canon PowerShot A590 and HP PhotoSmart D7360). The card was mounted and I was able to view the photos. After doing so, I simply properly unmounted the card and continued on with a different project. I then needed to remount the camera card and put it in the appropriate slot in the printer expecting it to appear on screen. Nothing happened. The card icon wasn't on screen and not shown in any selection under the "Home" icon nor anywhere else.

Is there a way to get it back without rebooting the system? I'm running Lisa RC 32 bit as a full install (with a few hundred updates (plus 8 "recommended" awaiting). Julia didn't have any qualms about reloading a camera card. Lisa must be requiring me to do something different? If so, what? Am I doing something wrong.

What is it that I need to do that is different so I can work with Lisa?

Meteor
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zombie
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Unable to reload "safely removed" camera card

Post by zombie »

Poisoned Dragon

Re: Unable to reload "safely removed" camera card

Post by Poisoned Dragon »

That forum link was spot on about the use of the "safely remove" option. You don't want to use it in conjunction with card readers. Otherwise, the reader will be disabled until reboot. With that said, on a windows machine, cards used in card readers are hot swapable. They don't need to be safely removed. Is it still necessary to use the "eject" option, in any Linux distro?

Return to “Hardware Support”