Mint 12 lisa, installed , i want to exchange ati to geforce

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nippon

Mint 12 lisa, installed , i want to exchange ati to geforce

Post by Nippon »

Just like in the title, I have installed MInt 12 lisa, it's working very well, but my integrated ATI 2100 its too weak to support Accelerated HTML 5 , WEBGL etc.
For that reason i order Geforce 520 as it would be sufficient for my web browsing, silent and cheap.
My question is, do i have to do something else in the system before switching graphic cards? or just turn in bios old one and install in pcie new nvidia?
Do system will manage it well or i have to do something more, i didnt install any drivers for ati, it work straight from installation very well.
Should i install proprietary nvidia drivers from nvidia.com or use the one already in the system?
If proprietary how install them, they are in .run file
Thanx in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Mint 12 lisa, installed , i want to exchange ati to gefo

Post by remoulder »

Only way to find out if it'll work is to try it. As long as you've not installed the proprietary driver, amended any of the default installed xserver drivers and there is no xorg.conf, it 'should' just work.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Hardware Support”