backup entire system

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bmike1
Level 6
Level 6

backup entire system

Post by bmike1 »

I got things just the way I want them. How do I make a miiror image of my hard drive? dd? Or is there a more user friendly way? I kinda want to do it like a raid would do it. You know.... where I would just recopy the image if my computer gets corrupted and it would be like the day I made the image...... hmmmm.... google it! I found system rescue cd! (http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page) DOes this sound good? What do you all recommend? You know, on the first page about this one of the programs is partimage and they say that one of the limitations of it is that it does not support ext4 filesystem. hmmmmm.... after a bit of reading me thinks this doesn't work with ext4 even though the 'Main Page' says it does. Do any of you know any differently?..... hmmmmm..... I've been looking but all of the copy programs say they support ext2 & 3 but not 4. What do you say?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
:)~Mikey~(:
wayne128

Re: backup entire system

Post by wayne128 »

Return to “Hardware Support”