screen goes blank with no way to recover

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eightup1

screen goes blank with no way to recover

Post by eightup1 »

HP 2000 laptop mint 12 . if i walk away from my laptop for more than ten minutes the screen blanks out as if it's going into power saving mode but then there is no way to get screen brightness back , screen controls do not work and the only thing left to do is reisub to reboot . ive checked to make sure that no power controls are set to blank screen and that no screen saver is set to start . is there anything else i should be looking for ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Roken
Level 5
Level 5

Re: screen goes blank with no way to recover

Post by Roken »

It should wake up on a keypress, but try this anyway to see if it stops it blanking. In a terminal:

Code: Select all

xset s off
If it works, simply add it to startup.
Kernel Linux Tex 5.12.14-zen1-1-zen, XFCE
Arch
Dual GTX1070 8Gb
AMD Ryzen 1800X
32Gb RAM
hhead
Level 3
Level 3

Post by hhead »

I have this problem I think it might be to do with xscreensaver? Do you have it installed?
eightup1

Post by eightup1 »

hhead wrote:I have this problem I think it might be to do with xscreensaver? Do you have it installed?
no i dont have xscreensaver installed , but im going to try Rokens sugestion and see what happens

Return to “Hardware Support”