Installing Linux Mint 12 on Macbook Pro running Lion?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zukaro Travon

Installing Linux Mint 12 on Macbook Pro running Lion?

Post by Zukaro Travon »

Not sure if this would go here; but anyways:

Recently I got a Macbook Pro (as in, a few months before Christmas). I was planning to install a Linux distro on it, but was never able too (rEFIt simply bricked the Mac each time I tried (luckilly there's that recovery drive)). Does anyone know how I'd be able to get Linux Mint 12 to multiboot alongside Windows 7 and OS X Lion? I've already Google searched it; I've been at this for at least a month and I can't figure it out.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sspott

Re: Installing Linux Mint 12 on Macbook Pro running Lion?

Post by sspott »

I'm attempting to do the exact same thing... except I don't have a copy of OS X on the Macbook Pro; the triple boot OS X | Windows | & Linux isn't that difficult, you just need rEFIt to sort everything out (since there's no BIOS).

Here's a link that walks you through the exact project you're trying to complete; except it's on a Macbook Air, and there's no optical drive on the air.

Triple Boot 13inch MacBook Air 4.2 (2011 model)
http://www.billsdon.com/2011/12/triple- ... 011-model/

However, I'd take a spin over at the Ubuntu Macbook Pro page to read-up on driver issues and such,
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro
Zukaro Travon

Re: Installing Linux Mint 12 on Macbook Pro running Lion?

Post by Zukaro Travon »

When I install rEFIt it doesn't work/bricks my machine. Every time.
*doesn't know if it's been updated since I last tried to work on the latest Macbook Pro or not however*

Return to “Hardware Support”