Logitech Mouse Wheel Tilt doesnt work

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
spherical

Logitech Mouse Wheel Tilt doesnt work

Post by spherical »

Hello
I am newbe Linux user and I have problem with my mouse: Logitech M500 Corded device which has great drivers for Windows but they do not support Linux. Original drivers has great feature to define different shortcuts for each application separately e.g. For Firefox I usually asign Shift+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab for Wheel Tilt button Left and Right. I miss that functionality so much and there is no support for Wheel Tilt at all.
I tried hidpoint1 but no success.
How can I fix it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lendo

Re: Logitech Mouse Wheel Tilt doesnt work

Post by Lendo »

Disappointing as it may be, Logitech does not have Linux driver support. Many functions of Logitech products that can me modified in Windows are not available in Linux. Also, I don't believe they will be in the future either. :(
spherical

Post by spherical »

Lendo wrote:Disappointing as it may be, Logitech does not have Linux driver support. Many functions of Logitech products that can me modified in Windows are not available in Linux. Also, I don't believe they will be in the future either. :(
They have some products with Linux support e.g. Logitech Wireless Mouse M345. Only information about Linux support is: Linux® kernel 2.6+ http://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/mice-pointers/mice/9182
I plan to buy it next week so, if anyone have real experience with that mouse and linux please give some feedback.
geoffm

Post by geoffm »

Did you ever find a way to map them?
I just bought that mouse. Really great product, appart from the fact that I can't assign shortcuts to the tilts.
I usually use easystroke but it doesn't recognize the clicks as they are considered horizontal scrolling.
saltcedar

Post by saltcedar »

Since I didn't see this suggestion I'll mentioned BTNX, works great on a related distro
with a Logitech tilt-wheel mouse.

Return to “Hardware Support”