Monitor unrecognizable.

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tanasis

Monitor unrecognizable.

Post by Tanasis »

Hi,

I have a problem with my monitor and I was hoping if someone could help.
So, my LG W2243S one day decided to become unrecognizable and ruin my day.
In windows I was able to install its drivers and make it function properly but in mint I don't know how to solve this (linux noob).
In System Settings>Display it appears as "Unknown" with max resolution 1024x768 (it's native is 1920x1080), and in System Information>Display it goes with Vendor: The X.Org Foundation and Version: 1.10.4. That's all I could find by myself. For any extra info needed please guide me on how to find it.

Is there a way to tell the system how to operate the device?

P.S. I tried to plug the monitor to another PC, but nothing changed, so I guess it's the monitor.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Monitor unrecognizable.

Post by xenopeek »

Please share the output of the following command, to help us figure this one out:

Code: Select all

inxi -SGxc 0
Tanasis

Post by Tanasis »

I run the command in a Live Session. I hope there is no problem.

Code: Select all

mint@mint ~ $ inxi -SGxc 0
System:    Host mint Kernel 3.0.0-12-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc 4.6.1) Desktop Gnome  (Gtk 2.24.6) Distro Linux Mint 12 Lisa
Graphics:  Card: nVidia G86 [GeForce 8500 GT] bus-ID: 01:00.0 
           X.Org 1.10.4 drivers nouveau unloaded: vesa,fbdev Resolution 1024x768@60.0hz 
           GLX Renderer Gallium 0.4 on NV86 GLX Version 2.1 Mesa 7.11 Direct Rendering Yes
mint@mint ~ $ 
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Well, if you could please run that command from the installed Linux Mint, that would also help.

Return to “Hardware Support”