Restricted Drivers Available

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
espressoguy

Restricted Drivers Available

Post by espressoguy »

I just installed Linux Mint 12. I was running a dual boot vista/mint. I reinstalled using the cd version/ no codecs. When the install was over I updated all but some type of hardware advisor said it could not download propietary software, particularly my ATI/AMD graphics card. When I now try and run a program, i.e. network manager, the interface is skewed and I can't do anything. Am I screwed or is there help. I downloaded theati driver but I have no idea how to set-up in linux :x

UPDATE:
I reinstalled linux mint 12 with the dvd
I am waiting for all the updates to load
I hope its not something in the updates
It seems as long as I don't touch the Restricted Drivers Available (last time I did) all is ok.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Alpha-Geek
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Restricted Drivers Available

Post by Alpha-Geek »

Been there, done that. I keep hoping that ATI will get their driver to work with Gnome 3. I've been installing the driver from AMD's website. The last 3 versions still are buggy. I'll wait & see how ver. 12.3 works out before installing it. In the meantime, I'll have to be satisfied with the driver Linux Mint 12 installs by default.

Return to “Hardware Support”