I can't mount one of my internal drives.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Barthorgg

I can't mount one of my internal drives.

Post by Barthorgg »

Hi all !
I'm a real newbie at Linux. I used to be some sort of know-it-all with Windows, but since the anniversary update of W10 and its numerous problems, I decided to make a fresh start on Linux.

Well yeah. After installation of Mint, setup and all that stuff, Everything works like a charm. Unless for one of my two drives, a SSD, which I can't nor mount or even do anything. In the properties, I can't even access its informations. Don't know at all what to do.

Could you please save my life ? <3
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: I can't mount one of my internal drives.

Post by Flemur »

Unless for one of my two drives, a SSD, which I can't nor mount or even do anything.
You boot linux and then can't see the windows drive ?

If so, boot windows, shut it down completely (NOT the fast anything option) and try again.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
Barthorgg

Re: I can't mount one of my internal drives.

Post by Barthorgg »

Well that's part of the problem.
Before the installation, Linux (booted on USB) perfectly recognized the mSATA drive. After that, nor the Bios or Mint could detect the device.

I'll open the PC and check if everything's in place, and thanks for your response :)

Oh, and I just deleted Windows. If anything is broken, it should be possible to repair it without WIndows, hm ?

EDIT: I backed up most of my data, so yeah, only the drive is to retrieve.

Return to “Storage”