REDOING LOADS?

Forum rules
Before you post please read this
justo
Level 1
Level 1

REDOING LOADS?

Post by justo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:53 pm

OK.I have an 80 GIG hard drive.I test versions of Linux a lot so here is what I have now. I used G Parted and split the hard drive in two 40 GIG parts.I loaded Ultero Linux first.Then came back and loaded PC Linux 2007 in the second 40 gig space.I just downloaded the DVD version of Mint.I would like to load DVD Mint where Ultero is now.But I want both Mint KDE and PC Linux to work when I am done. Any comments?

clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:12 pm

That's fine it should work and Mint should write a new grub in your MBR pointing to itself and to PCLinuxOS.

Note; you mean Ulteo (Gael Duval's Distrib) ?

Clem

justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:26 pm

Oh,Howdy Clem..I am surprised you showed up here .Nice of you to do so. Thanks for the info too. Yes that is the version they call easy. It is easy and OK but no packages yet. The guy used to work at another major version of Linux.He started this based on Kubuntu.It is OK.It is easy but not a lot of class on the desktop.It will be good for beginners though. But I want another Mint and found your new version ready.Thanks to you guys you have a high classed looking desktop. I will get a DVD and load it in the first partition tonight.

clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:31 pm

Yes, he founded Mandrake (which became Mandriva). I bet he's talented and I know he's got some very innovative ideas about remote desktops that he wants to put in future versions of Ulteo. It's just a concept at the moment but it has great potential.

Anyway I just released and all tickets are answered in the Support Center so I've got some spare time and I'm browsing the support section of the forums, doing my bit of community support like everyone else :)

Clem

justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:39 pm

I wondered how you guys get along who create these Linux systems . I guess you guys run across each other at Linux conventions.I notice you live in Texas from an older post.There is another guy who lives in Houston that makes a Linux version too.I have it on the second partition and will have yours on the first.Those are my favorites after trying a large number over the last four years.That Ultero one is simple to work with,I wish I could have started on Linux with it instead of Redhat and Suse..Linux is really moving forward these days.Thanks to guys like you Clem.

clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:58 pm

Gael and I are French, I think he lives in France and i live in Ireland. We never met and we don't know each other. As for Tex.. I don't know him either. The Linux community is certainly full of interesting people and I'd love to meet some of them. I suggest you watch Revolution OS (I think the movie is watchable/downloadable on Google Video) , you don't see many distro maintainers but there's a lot of interesting guys in there.

Clem

justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:35 pm

I went over to Ultero and someone came on the IM. Yes, I bet you guys could tell some tales. It is a strange world of building free op sytems when some are making a large fortune doing the same.I knew you were French but thought you were in Texas judging from a post you made.All of you Linux people need to have a convention to exchange stories. I will lok into the thing you mention up there.I bet you are gone now.It was an honor to be able to talk with you Clem.Good luck on your future projects.

justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:16 pm

Clem,, I found it >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2627775409 <>> OK.It is the next day now.I got the ISO burned and I am on live.Going to look around and load it.It is a good one.

justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:33 pm

OK.Its loaded.Easy as pie. Sound works ,Wireless works.It saved my PC Linux load too.Clem ,,You did a great job, Pat yourself on the back.

justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Well Clem .All was well until I got some stuff from package manager.Then later rebooted and out went the wireless.This happened on Mint Bea,Mint Bianca and now Mint KDE. The only way I knew to get them going again is reload and pick only GAIM from the package manager.There needs to be fix for that. I wiped out my second load PC Linux. I will reload it later.There is something in the package MGR packages that jam wireless. Maybe it snuk the kernel update in that jams wireless? I hope this bug gets slapped out of the system soon. It has caused me a lot of reloads.<><><><> OK.It is doing fine now.Everything is working.I am happy as a lark.Clem.If you come by again. I would like you to go over to the PC Linux sandbox.That is where we all play on the forum.It would be fun if you came by and left a post to say hi to Texstar. You guys never see each other but yet are only a key click away. I am clod over there >> http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:22 am

Clem,,You there? Wiggle your mouse.Your computer went to sleep.

justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:35 pm

He must have loaded Vista.Let that be a lesson to the rest of you.

Return to “Mounting Partitions”