Second IDE drive mounting problems

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

Mint Bianca has automatically mounted my spare 58Gig IDE FAT32 formatted drive, and placed an icon on the desktop
Just double-click on that desktop icon, the GNOME file manager (Nautilus) should open up, showing the directories/files on that drive, so you can do the usual stuff (copy, delete, etc).

-------
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

I just installed GnomeBaker, to check what it does with my deskptop icons.

You're right, GnomeBaker's "Places" doesn't list every drive that Bianca shows on the desktop. However, GnomeBaker's "Places" does have a "Desktop" item on its list. When I double-click on that, my extra HDD partitions appear on GnomeBaker's file-selection list. I may then click on those to access all their files.

Above GnomeBaker's "Location" bar there's a cookie-crumb style of directory path. Note that it might denote your drives/partitions by their mount points (e.g. "/media/hdb1/") instead of whatever names they have on your desktop.

Does this info apply to your setup?

-------
Last edited by telic on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
telic
Level 3
Level 3

Post by telic »

I would love it to be listed in Nautilus Places, but don't have a clue on how to do that.
Nautilus' "Places" also has the "Desktop" item. Double-click it!

------

Return to “Storage”