Can't mount Iphone 5s with iOS10

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eura665

Can't mount Iphone 5s with iOS10

Post by eura665 »

I need help, can't transfer the files from my Iphone to the computer when I connect via usb cabel.
After updating to iOS10 from IOS 9.35I can't mount my Iphone, I see the phone in the file-explorer and can share the network but can't access the files.

Having try on LinuxMint 17,3 with JDK 8 and LinuxMint18 also with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS same result, just revived a error cod :(

But in win 10 no problem.
Before the updating I had no problem to access the phone it just appears in the file manager and no problem to transfer the photos
Hope some one knows how to soled this problem

Per
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TrumblebumSky

Re: Can't mount Iphone 5s with iOS10

Post by TrumblebumSky »

I have the same problem. I cannot find a solution.
qhris
Level 1
Level 1

Post by qhris »

The same thing happened to me with my iphone 6s. I had a file manager app that worked fine through the usb cable for months, and after the last os update it quit working. I can just transfer photos now. I tried several different file manager apps and no success except for an app called 'remote file manager' It has an ftp server over your lan and you can transfer files with that, but its a pain, and inconvenient to use.
Post if you ever find anything better please.
Chris
lexon

Post by lexon »

Same here. I have the iPhone SE and before the upgrade, I could see the phone mount. After the upgrade, cannot mount.
Did the upgrade about five minutes ago.
I have a new W10 laptop specifically for iTunes so not a problem.
Need it for the iPad also.

L
Appsted

Post by Appsted »

You can try the Apple iCloud service to sync photos from iPhone to your laptop or computer. Just enable iCloud on your iPhone in Settings and turn on Photo Stream. Then download the iCloud Control Panel onto your computer. After that, all photos that you take with your iPhone will be saved within seconds directly to your computer if you're connected to WIFI.
If you're not connected to WIFI when you take the pictures, they will be synced to your computer the next time you have WIFI connection
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Appsted wrote:Then download the iCloud Control Panel onto your computer.
Wait... there's a Linux version of that? :shock:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
qhris
Level 1
Level 1

Post by qhris »

Lol.
It just seems to me that apple goes out of there way to make it hard to do something simple, and to prioritize it so that you have to buy their crap. I migrated to apple from BB, if I had done my proper research and knew about all this, I never would of bought one. I still use my BB for work though, as it will talk easily to Linux or Windows and I am lucky that I can just swap my sim card back and forth...... just waiting for apple to screw that up though :cry:
The photos transfer no problem to Linux with iphone, but the file manager crapped out. I've tried a few different file managers and changed more settings than at a space shuttle launch, but was not able to get the access back. I don't want to jailbreak my phone either as it may make things worse. I have searched a lot on-line, but so far have not been able to find any answers on why this happened, but its obviously an apple thing because others have the same issue. Like I said earlier, I have an app that makes the phone into an ftp server, and I can transfer files and load docs that way.
Chris
qhris
Level 1
Level 1

Post by qhris »

Just a follow up to this thread in case you didnt see the post with the fix. It is here;

https://launchpad.net/%7Emartin-salbaba ... biledevice

after following this instruction, I am able to access my files on my iphone 6s as I used to be able to. I use the file manager app on my phone, it works well and I can copy multiple files back and forth from Mint 18 to my phone. happy happy now.
Big thanks to Martin Salbaba for the fix.

Chris
richac

Post by richac »

qhris wrote:Just a follow up to this thread in case you didnt see the post with the fix. It is here;

https://launchpad.net/%7Emartin-salbaba ... biledevice

after following this instruction, I am able to access my files on my iphone 6s as I used to be able to. I use the file manager app on my phone, it works well and I can copy multiple files back and forth from Mint 18 to my phone. happy happy now.
Big thanks to Martin Salbaba for the fix.

Chris
Why would that fix it for you? its just a ppa for libimobiledevice 1.2.0, its not even installing 1.2.1 which you can compile yourself from github, instructions here on the checkmarked answer http://askubuntu.com/questions/598940/l ... -04-trusty

what works for me in lubuntu xenial with my iphone 7 and latest ios, is setting lock to 5 mins, then pairing the phone with idevicepair pair command. Then while paired keep the phone attached to the pc and log out of desktop and log back in. THen the DCIM folder will be available the file manager, lubuntu uses pcmanfm. But this worked for me with nautilus too.. But that is all you get, you can only back up camera pics or videos and sms pics from dcim folder. You can't backup downloads or music or see all the folders you could in previous ios versions. I think we have to just hope libimobiledevice gets updated for the latest ios which came out this past september. Apple prolly broke it on us purposely. They will claim for security reasons of course.
Last edited by richac on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richac

Post by richac »

qhris wrote:Lol.
It just seems to me that apple goes out of there way to make it hard to do something simple, and to prioritize it so that you have to buy their crap. I migrated to apple from BB, if I had done my proper research and knew about all this, I never would of bought one. I still use my BB for work though, as it will talk easily to Linux or Windows and I am lucky that I can just swap my sim card back and forth...... just waiting for apple to screw that up though :cry:
The photos transfer no problem to Linux with iphone, but the file manager crapped out. I've tried a few different file managers and changed more settings than at a space shuttle launch, but was not able to get the access back. I don't want to jailbreak my phone either as it may make things worse. I have searched a lot on-line, but so far have not been able to find any answers on why this happened, but its obviously an apple thing because others have the same issue. Like I said earlier, I have an app that makes the phone into an ftp server, and I can transfer files and load docs that way.
Chris
what is the app you use?
calliesman576

Post by calliesman576 »

So it seems there is no way to sync an iPhone, this is the only issue I'm having as well. Guess I'll keep a running copy of Windows just for the iPhone.

Return to “Storage”