LMDE / Win -- nip some shared workspace SOLVED

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

LMDE / Win -- nip some shared workspace SOLVED

Post by mike acker »

given that we have a box with 2 o/s drives: (1) LMDE/2 and (2) Win10 -- either one of which can be booted,--

a means of establishing a shared workspace is needed,--

what I'm thinking is -- one one other the other O/S disk --either create an extended partition -- using the existing ext partition: add an NTFS "workarea" partition to the extended partition --

this should just mount as "workarea" for LMDE/2 -- or as an added Drive Letter in the Win system--

any thoughts on this?

i'll be studying the dox on partitions this morning,--

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/gparted.html

it should be possible to "nip" this added partition out of the available un-used space on either system disk.....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
¡Viva la Resistencia!
mike acker
Level 7
Level 7

Re: LMDE / Win -- nip some shared workspace

Post by mike acker »

yep

i was able to use gparted to nip a little bit of space off my KDE O/S disk and set it up as a ntfs "logical" partition (sdc6) in the "Extended Partition" area;

i had to make the KDE / partition smaller -- and then make the extended partition bigger -- and then add the ntfs "workspace"

after that i was able to mount that in the Windows8.1 virtual box,------ AFTER I authorized it in the VirtualBox supervisor;
¡Viva la Resistencia!

Return to “Storage”