external storage mounted read-only

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
streety

external storage mounted read-only

Post by streety »

Hey there
I'm working on two machines, one of them has Mint 18.1 on it and works perfectly with my Rockboxed iPodClassic - the storage is automatically recognized and writeable.
On the second machine I'm working with ferenOS (which is based on MInt 18.2, 64bit). When I connect my iPod to the computer the music-folder appears on my desk, but I can't change anything - it's mounted "read only".
I already tried to change permissions or ownership, but it's always the same message: You can't do this, it's read only!

Does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: external storage mounted read-only

Post by catweazel »

Don't you think you should take it up with ferenOS?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
streety

Post by streety »

Hi catweazel

You might be right - but as my ferenOS is built on Mint18.2 I thought I might try to find a solution here as well.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

streety wrote:Hi catweazel

You might be right - but as my ferenOS is built on Mint18.2 I thought I might try to find a solution here as well.
Who knows what the feralOS people have done.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Storage”