Mounting ReadyNas Drives

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gearhead

Mounting ReadyNas Drives

Post by gearhead »

I have a Netgear Readynas RND2000-200, which died on me. I had a RAID1 configuration with two disk. The file format that it uses is ext3. I put them in the box that runs Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon. It sees the drives but I don't know where to look for the files that I want to copy to a usb drive. Any suggestion is much appreciated. Attached is a screenshot of what Mint see.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Mounting ReadyNas Drives

Post by Termy »

I feel like there's a lack of information here; perhaps that is why there aren't any replies yet, until me of course. :P What is your goal? We can't suggest what files you need to recover until we know what you're wanting to keep. For example, if you're looking to install Linux again, but retain as many configurations you previously had as possible, then you'd want to use (restore? Not sure what you want) your HOME directory (or all of the user's HOME directory, if it's a multiuser environment). If you've made special, global setting changes, you'll want to use those files up too, but that sort of depends on what you've changed.
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Mounting ReadyNas Drives

Post by rene »

More because there's potential for complication what with not having the disks locally to check, and depending on level of expertise of poster, Netgear's X-RAID, and...

We can try minimally/manually though: sudo apt install mdadm, sudo mdadm -A /dev/md0 /dev/sd{a,b}3 and sudo mount /dev/md0 /mnt. If that worked you now have your data available from /mnt.

Return to “Storage”