USB card isn't recognized in Nemo after plugging it in

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
heartnotes

USB card isn't recognized in Nemo after plugging it in

Post by heartnotes »

I can see it in the Terminal after using sudo fdisk -l but how do I mount it so I can use it for Unetbootin to make a boot repair disk? Thanks. It is a Sandisk 64 USB plugged into a front USB terminal.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: USB card isn't recognized in Nemo after plugging it in

Post by richyrich »

Suggestion ; Try the Disks program to see if it is recognized. If that doesn't help, install Gparted and try that. (remember to use the drop down list box in the upper right corner of gparted to switch to your usb)
Any recognition of your usb stick?
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi heartnotes,

You can always unplug the USB stick wait about 12 seconds, and plug it into another USB port, wait a little bit to see if it is recognized...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
heartnotes

Post by heartnotes »

Alright, so using Disks I can see it, format it, etc to its full amount, but it's still not showing up in Nemo under Devices.

I also found it in Gparted.
wang520yan

Post by wang520yan »

Like other here, i would suggest you to use Disk Management to format the USB. USB card isn't recognized resulted from many different causes, such as connecting USB drive via bad USB port,USB flash drive has a corrupted registry entry,damaged files or bad sectors on the stick, or the USB drive is not been formatted correctly. In most times, formatting or reformatting it could be a nice solution. You can format it using Disk Management. Right-click My Computer->Mange->Disk Management->Right-click the USB->Choose "Format...". If this USB is quite stubborn and cannot be formatted in this way, please try some professional format tool to get it done, aomei partition is highly recommended to this.

Return to “Storage”