SD car is write protected

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kazemimorteza68

SD car is write protected

Post by kazemimorteza68 »

Hi.
I have a 16G silicon power SD card . when i want to write or paste any thing inside that i have this error

Code: Select all

Device /dev/mmcblk0p1 is already mounted at `/mnt/mmc-SL16G_0xda87b67e-part1'.

mount: /dev/mmcblk0p1 is write-protected, mounting read-only
i can't format the SD card.
Please help me solve this problem.thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
CaptainKirksChair
Level 4
Level 4

Re: SD car is write protected

Post by CaptainKirksChair »

As always, you have to make sure the Lock slider on the side of the card is in the read/write position, not the lock position. If you slide it into the port in a read/write position but comes out in the lock position (I've seen it happen) then there's something in the port that is causing the problem. It shouldn't happen; but check to be sure.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

how you format? most linux mint uses Usb Stick Formatter
kazemimorteza68

CaptainKirksChair wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:10 am As always, you have to make sure the Lock slider on the side of the card is in the read/write position, not the lock position. If you slide it into the port in a read/write position but comes out in the lock position (I've seen it happen) then there's something in the port that is causing the problem. It shouldn't happen; but check to be sure.
Thanks.
but this SD car don't have any lock slider.
kazemimorteza68

trytip wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:15 am how you format? most linux mint uses Usb Stick Formatter
Thanks .but this software can not format SD card.
when insert SD car i have below message:

Error mounting system-managed device /dev/mmcblk0p1: Command-line `mount "/mnt/mmc-SL16G_0xda87b67e-part1"' exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount: /dev/mmcblk0p1 is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: /dev/mmcblk0p1 is already mounted or /mnt/mmc-SL16G_0xda87b67e-part1 busy
       /dev/mmcblk0p1 is already mounted on /mnt/mmc-SL16G_0xda87b67e-part1
CaptainKirksChair
Level 4
Level 4

Post by CaptainKirksChair »

kazemimorteza68 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 amThanks.
Well, according to what you told us in the first post, it is one of these two devices.

If it's the larger one, then yes it does have a lock slider. If it's the smaller one, you should have been more specific in your first post.
kazemimorteza68

CaptainKirksChair wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:06 am
kazemimorteza68 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:57 amThanks.
Well, according to what you told us in the first post, it is one of these two devices.

If it's the larger one, then yes it does have a lock slider. If it's the smaller one, you should have been more specific in your first post.
Thanks for your Reply.

But this SD card don't have any lock slider.

Return to “Storage”