Need Partition help before Graphic Installation

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
leo8101

Need Partition help before Graphic Installation

Post by leo8101 »

1-) i will do uefi install all linux mint 19 system files on single partition from SSD drive planning to give max 15-20 gb for it...
2-) im planning to install at least 2 other OS to SSD after Linux Mint installation so how much megabytes would be ideal for the EFI partition to make all them work
3-)it asks while installing Linux mint but i dont want any SWAP partition for Linux MInt when i need i might shrink some GB from only HDD in the future not from SSD...
4-) i want to lock that linux mint installed 20gb single partition

thats it how can i do all of these
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
keithrbau
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Need Partition help before Graphic Installation

Post by keithrbau »

When I set up a new disk, I let mint start disk partition using the whole disk, then go back and adjust the that partition and add the partitions I want manually. I figure there is little chance of a stuff up. My /boot/efi is 2.3 GB

15-20GB sounds like you intend to have a separate /home partition? I have 3 installs, using 16, 12 & 11GB and separate partition for /home. I used only separate data on a separate partition, and would often fill 20GB - the difference being .config etc I find cache files are the biggest users
Keith Bainbridge from Oz

Mint user for several years. Incourageable player (breaker?)

Return to “Storage”