Win 10 boot drive showing as removable.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Poohstyx

Win 10 boot drive showing as removable.

Post by Poohstyx »

Ok,
A minor annoyance that would be nice to solve.

I've got my system (Mint 19.0) set to show removable drives on the desktop when they are mounted.
My Windows 10 boot disc also shows up.

Is there a way to stop it showing up, presumably to tell the system that it is not a removable drive?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Win 10 boot drive showing as removable.

Post by AndyMH »

Suspect what you mean is that you have 'show mounted volumes' ON in your desktop settings - turn it off. Mine is turned off. If I plug in a removable drive, e.g. USB stick, mint auto mounts it and opens the file manager to show its contents.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Poohstyx

Re: Win 10 boot drive showing as removable.

Post by Poohstyx »

Settings - Removable drives and media - mount removable drives when hot plugged.

I want usb drives and usb sticks to show an icon on the desktop when they are inserted.
I don't want the file manager to open and display the content.
I also don't want the windows 10 drive to be displayed since that is not a removable drive.

Return to “Storage”