auto mount NTFS USB drive

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dhdurgee
Level 4
Level 4

auto mount NTFS USB drive

Post by dhdurgee »

I have an NTFS formatted USB drive. When I insert it I hear the sound indicating it is present, but it does NOT automatically mount and open like other USB drives.

What do I need to change to have this work automatically? I am currently having to issue terminal commands to mount it, unmount it and eject it. I would much prefer to have this handled automatically.

Dave
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lordmax
Level 3
Level 3

Re: auto mount NTFS USB drive

Post by lordmax »

Hi

Do you have the problem every times, right?

I was having the problem some times ago, with prior mint version (11 I think).
I never find the right cause because advancing version solved the problem but maybe problem is something like the one explained in this article:
https://linuxconfig.org/automatically-m ... ith-autofs

It's about usb external drive but maybe it's similar to your problem

Hope this can help
Ogni storia è vera, semplicemente alcune non sono mai accadute. [SandMan]
dhdurgee
Level 4
Level 4

Re: auto mount NTFS USB drive

Post by dhdurgee »

I did a little more looking and found a reference to the udiskie package as a way to handle this problem. As this is available in our repositories I have installed it and will see if it handles the problem the next time I attempt to use the USB drive.

The only thing I am wondering is if installing the package is all that is necessary. Is anyone else out the using udiskie?

Dave

Return to “Storage”