Default Automount location

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
paulcarter

Default Automount location

Post by paulcarter »

I am running Mint19.2 with Cinnamon (4..2.4).
I regularly mount new (to me at least) USB pendrives and I'd like to change the default automount point (it's set to a folder that is actually on another network drive, several levels down from /mnt).
Where is the default mount point specified & can it be changed?

thanks
Paul
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Default Automount location

Post by gm10 »

The default auto-mount location is /media/<username>/<devicelabel> and not configurable. If you've got a different one then you are not auto-mounting but configured a mount, check your /etc/fstab.
paulcarter

Post by paulcarter »

Ah thanks, that gave me the pointer I needed!
I had symlinked /media/<username> to the network drive location for an entirely separate reason, not realising that was also the usb automount point.
D'Oh!
gm10

Post by gm10 »

No problem.
ricardogroetaers
Level 6
Level 6

Post by ricardogroetaers »

gm10 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 am The default auto-mount location is /media/<username>/<devicelabel> and not configurable.....
Note:
In Linux Mint, Portuguese-BR, default automatic mount point for removable (except optical) media is:
/media/username/UUID

Where UUID is the file system UUID, not the file system label, which may not exist.

Return to “Storage”