Auto mount NTFS partitions has stopped working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
morgs88
Level 1
Level 1

Auto mount NTFS partitions has stopped working

Post by morgs88 »

Hi guys, over the last few days my slave NTFS drives have stopped auto mounting at start up. In the disk management tool they are set to auto mount in the mounting options but they aren't, easy enough to mount manually, just wondered if a recent update had messed with something, any ideas?

Cheers

Brett
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Auto mount NTFS partitions has stopped working

Post by Flemur »

morgs88 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:42 am Hi guys, over the last few days my slave NTFS drives have stopped auto mounting at start up. In the disk management tool they are set to auto mount in the mounting options but they aren't, easy enough to mount manually, just wondered if a recent update had messed with something, any ideas?
Forum rules
"Before you post please read this"
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83444
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
morgs88
Level 1
Level 1

Post by morgs88 »

Thanks, I read the "Before you post please read this"
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

The folks here who know how to mount partitions tend not to use the Disks utility so saying it works one day and not the next doesn't provide them with any information.

If you were to post the output of the following commands they will have something to work with:

Code: Select all

sudo blkid -c /dev/null -o list

Code: Select all

cat /etc/fstab
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

Return to “Storage”