What I do with my 2TB HDD that I need for Steam?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gmak2442
Level 1
Level 1

What I do with my 2TB HDD that I need for Steam?

Post by Gmak2442 »

Hi all,

I installed Linux Mint on a SSD 2 week ago. Everything fine. I kept my old Windows 10 installation on the same SSD.

Now, I need disk space for Steam huge games. And I have a HDD for and old Windows 10 in FAT32.

So looking at the disk in Linux Mint, I think I would need help on this one. This is different than DOS and Windows.

I will use my HDD for Linux exclusively and I can wipe everything on it. I did my backup.

Is it possible to do that in graphics and not command lines.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gmak2442
Level 1
Level 1

Re: What I do with my 2TB HDD that I need for Steam?

Post by Gmak2442 »

I found out I got my disk on the list selection of Steam install new game. But I created a new dir like asked and it is said that the disk is read only.
I've check up the disk in the file browser of Mint and it's not write only.

:arrow:
djph
Level 7
Level 7

Re: What I do with my 2TB HDD that I need for Steam?

Post by djph »

Is it formatted as NTFS? If so, then it's probably mounted incorrectly, such that things can only read (long story short, NTFS doesn't follow normal permissions)

How did you mount the drive? Just through disks or your file browser/manager? Or something else?

Return to “Storage”