synology copying selected files to extenal usb?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sandbagger
Level 3
Level 3

synology copying selected files to extenal usb?

Post by sandbagger »

Hi all
I am stumped. ALL I want to do is plug in my external USB drive to the back of my synology, create a folder and copy selected files from the Synology to the usb. I have the usb drive connected and can create the folder on it from the synology file manager BUT I can't select files on my synology and copy them to it.

I have DSM 7.0-41890 loaded and it's a ds220j.

I did some research and loaded up USB/copy app but that seems to ONLY do bulk copy. This can't be hard and I MUST be missing something. Can someone help please.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Legion99
Level 1
Level 1

Re: synology copying selected files to extenal usb????

Post by Legion99 »

Is the USB formatted correctly? The Synology will only except certain formats, Btrfs, ext3, ext4, FAT32, exFAT, HFS, HFS Plus, and NTFS.

Your NAS model supports the HFS+ file system, which is a requirement for this to work.

Go to. --> https://kb.synology.com/en-af/DSM/help/ ... ?version=6

Failing all that ask Synology support. I have always found them to be very helpful, if they want temp remote access, do it. I have in the past and have never had a problem.
sandbagger
Level 3
Level 3

Re: synology copying selected files to extenal usb????

Post by sandbagger »

Hi there
yep it's formatted to ext4 but thanks for the double check.

Return to “Storage”