"JMCR SD SCSI disk device" - built in SD card reader - use it in MInt?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jharris1993
Level 3
Level 3

"JMCR SD SCSI disk device" - built in SD card reader - use it in MInt?

Post by jharris1993 »

Greetings!

I am currently running Mint 19.3 on a HP EliteBook 8570p
Variant 1: Installed natively, as a dual-boot with Windows 10 in a separate partition.
Variant 2: Installed within a VMware virtual machine running inside the Win-10 noted above.

Note that this is actually two different installations - one is a "native" install direct to the hard drive and the second is a small virtual machine inside of Windows.

My system contains a built-in SD card reader that enumerates within Windows Device Manager as a "JMCR SD SCSI Disk Device"

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get this device to work with Mint, either natively or within the virtual machine. As far as I can tell, Mint doesn't even see it.

I am sure that Mint is fully capable of using a device like this, I just don't know the specific magic words to make it work - and multiple web searches have not helped.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jim "JR"

Some see things as they are, and ask "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and ask "Why Not".

Robert F. Kennedy

“Impossible” is only found in the dictionary of a fool.
Old Chinese Proverb

Return to “Storage”