USB partitions don't mount unless reboot

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AndruWho
Level 1
Level 1

USB partitions don't mount unless reboot

Post by AndruWho »

Hi everyone! Thanks in advance for your time and attention in reading this.

I am running Mint 20.3 Cinnamon. Cinnamon version 5.2.7. Linux Kernel 5.4.0-110-generic, on a MacBook Air.

I am having trouble mounting partitions from USB drives. Basically, if I plug in a USB drive when the machine is running, it doesn't notice the drive. But then if I restart the machine and open the file system I can see the device partitions mounted.

If I plug in a USB drive and run the command "lsusb" the device is not listed, also if I run the command "lsblk" neither the disk nor its partitions are listed, however if I plug in the drive and restart the machine and run those commands I can see the device in the output of "lsusb" and I can see the disk and its partitions in the output of "lsblk".

Any and all advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Everyone surfs their own way. If I try to surf like someone else I look like a dork. ~ Andy Irons

Return to “Storage”