Windows LDM array not working in Mint 21

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Huecuva
Level 4
Level 4

Windows LDM array not working in Mint 21

Post by Huecuva »

I have my main gaming machine dual booted with Windows 10 and Linux Mint. It was Mint 20.1, but then I upgraded it to 20.2 when that came out, then 20.3 and now 21. In my Windows install, I have a mirrored Dynamic Disk array. Previous to my upgrade to Mint 21, I was able to use ldmtool to simply

Code: Select all

ldmtool create all
and I was easily able to access the LDM drives.

However, since I have upgraded to Mint 21, this no longer works. The RAID is no longer accessible. It says I have the latest version of ldmtool, but when I type in

ldmtool create all
it simply prints out a couple of square brackets like

[]
and nothing else happens. I read one tutorial that suggested that ldmtool simply created a bunch of entries under /dev/mapper/ and I needed to manually mount it, but I've never had to do that before and anyway, there aren't any entries under /dev/mapper/

How do I access my ldm drives in Linux Mint 21?

EDIT: Now that I have freshly installed Mint 21, as the upgrade was kind of a failure in a general sense, I am still unable to get this LDM array to accessible in Linux Mint. It almost seems like there is some kind of incompatibility between Mint 21 and ldmtool.
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Storage”