[SOLVED] Printer HP Laser Jet 1018 doesn't work

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mtj
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Printer HP Laser Jet 1018 doesn't work

Post by mtj »

Hi, my HP laser jet 1018 printer was automatically recognized and successfully added long ago (CUPS).
It worked fine until yesterday. This morning I tried to print a document and, even though the job seems to be done, nothing was printed.
I have already tried deleting the printer via CUPS, I plugged it back in and the system successfully recognized and added the printer as the first time. I tried to print a job but the problem is the same "completed job" but nothing printed.
The printer is ok because on another pc it works.
It is very urgent. Can you help me please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Max
Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon 64bit
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Printer HP Laser Jet 1018 doesn't work

Post by pdc_2 »

Can you help me please?
we have just had similar problems with our (wireless) HP today; getting internal-error-server-error message from CUPS; not sure if this is recent CUPS update error what; all very wearing and weary-making;

trying to add a new config from the PRINTERS folder led to cups error message;

trying to add from CUPS via browser got successful config; but no wireless printing; trying to work on it
mtj
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Printer HP Laser Jet 1018 doesn't work

Post by mtj »

My printer is not wireless but USB.
Last update was a couple days ago and until yestarday the printer worked fine.
No errors by CUPS. No errors in recognizing and configuring the printer. The printer is correctly visible from CUPS via browser. Simply the job starts, seems to be completed but nothing was printed.

EDIT: From CUPS via browser I found a command in the Maintenance menu: "Resume printer". I tried and reconnected the printer and now it works again.
I put SOLVED hoping it will be decisive
Max
Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon 64bit

Return to “Printers & Scanners”