HP 5510 Mint 12

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dbrb2

HP 5510 Mint 12

Post by dbrb2 »

Hi,

I have an HP5510 wirless printer. When first set up, it was not detected by Mint. I built the drivers as described here:

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/in ... xmint.html

At which point the printer was found, no errors at all. However, any jobs I send to the printer simply vanish. I can print test pages from the embedded webserver on the printer, but not from my Mint 12 machine.
My laptop, running Mint 13, worked first time...

Can anyone suggest some useful troubleshooting steps?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: HP 5510 Mint 12

Post by pdc_2 »

dbrb2

Post by dbrb2 »

Ok - Well before the previous post, I had actually upgraded my desktop to 13. The printer added fine, and I was (and am still) able to print
test pages.

I can also print from puma (the text editor), libre office draw, and as far as I can tell most other programs.

However, when I try to print from KiCad, or a KiCad produced postscript file opened in document viewer, the printer responds but only by printing an entirely blank page.

Could this have something to do with the way the postscript file is sent to the printer...?

I am, according to mint, using "HP Photosmart 5510 Series, hpcups 3.12.2" drivers. I have triedupgrading - latest are 3.12.10 - but currently running into unmet dependancy errors I have yet to resolve...
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

dbrb2

Post by dbrb2 »

Yes, A KiCad bug was my first thought, until I couldn't print postscript from other programs either. By first converting to PDF, printing worked fine

Cheers,

Ben

Return to “Printers & Scanners”