<SOLVED> So close, yet so far with Canon LBP6000

Forum rules
Before you post please read this
jadek
Level 1
Level 1

<SOLVED> So close, yet so far with Canon LBP6000

Post by jadek »

I believe I followed the instructions from Canon on installing the LBP6000 for Linux exactly (it's an html file, so I couldn't attach it).

The problem is nothing prints, not a test page, not a LibreOffice document. The attached png shows detail on what eventually shows once a document doesn't print. The key phrase may be "Cannot connect to CCPD: Connection refused." Does that make sense to anyone?

In trying to find an answer, I unplugged the printer's usb connection & re-inserted it. The computer immediately recognized a new printer (with a longer name than when I did the formal install) & created an icon in my "Printers" window, but I couldn't print anything by it, either. Some kind of communication seems to be taking place!?

I'm running LM 14, Cinnamon. Connection to the printer is via USB. At home I connect wirelessly without a problem to a Canon MG5300. Files for installing came from downloading the compressed file from Canon USA. There's no dual boot, no network setup to complicate things.

Any other info I need to provide?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by jadek on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ptyrider
Level 1
Level 1

Re: So close, yet so far with Canon LBP6000

Post by ptyrider »

The answer is here!: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=92230&p=560166#p547183

Worked beautifully for me w/ latest drivers 2.60 on x64.
jadek
Level 1
Level 1

<SOLVED> Re: So close, yet so far with Canon LBP6000

Post by jadek »

Thanks, ptyrider, for your reply. I had seen that post before, wondering whether it worked for the updated 2.60, so now I see that you did indeed get it to work. I'm happy for you!

Unfortunately for me, some of the language of the post, refering to scripts and I guess a certain kind of file (?), was over my head, so I wasn't sure how to proceed, and I had already given many hours to trying to get it to work. Given that, an IT friend of mine said that Brother has better Linux support than Canon, so I returned the Canon and purchased an HL-2270DW. Both the printer installed by LM14 itself as well as the one installed via the terminal (as per Brother website instructions) worked from the get-go, so I'm happy for me, too. For anyone else using the HL-2270DW, I'd recommend keeping both printer files because their properties (i.e., options) vary, and so they each have value, depending on one's need.
Protheus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Protheus »

Nice to see people get it going, Canon and Linux really sucks sometimes, but i finally get my LBP5050 runing on LM15 64b and LMDE 64b.
Last edited by Protheus on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdc_2
Level 8
Level 8

Post by pdc_2 »

Hi jadek;

the LBP6000 needs the Canon CAPT driver installed; ......... sounds like you have done that?

Question 1; are you using a 32bit system?
Question 2;

what does
sudo dpkg -l | grep Canon
give if you copy and paste the command into a terminal please?

eg........for my CAPT driver I get
ii cndrvcups-capt 2.40-1 Canon CAPT Printer Driver for Linux
ii cndrvcups-common 2.40-1 Canon Printer Driver Common Modules Ver.2.40
I will be pleased to try to help you move forward
rkdubey84
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rkdubey84 »

Hi,

I just bought Canon LBP 6200d. And Now, I am trying to install the drivers for the same and connect it through the PlayOnLinux. But it doesn't detect or recognize the printer using USB, during the installation process.

I am using Linux Mint.

and using this command on Terminal: sudo dpkg -l | grep Canon
Gives me this result:

ii cndrvcups-capt 2.60-1 amd64 Canon CAPT Printer Driver for Linux
ii cndrvcups-common 2.60-1 amd64 Canon Printer Driver Common Modules Ver.2.60

I am not a very good troubleshooter for Linux. But can follow the instructions in a step wise manner.

Please help me in getting the printer working. I need it fixed asap so, that I can start my research work for my PhD Thesis.

Thanks

Ritesh
pdc_2
Level 8
Level 8

Post by pdc_2 »

this guide

http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/tutoriel/installer_pilote_canon_lbp

is in French; so use google translate to convert

it has all the instructions you need;

if you want further help, please come back to this forum
rmcinnis56
Level 1
Level 1

Re: <SOLVED> So close, yet so far with Canon LBP6000

Post by rmcinnis56 »

Hi there, I,m also having issues with the LBP6200d...very new to Linux...went to the page and managed to translate the page does not exist any other suggestions?
Linux Mint 64, V 3.0.7, Kernel 4.4.0-36-generic, AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor x 4, 8 gig mem, 500 GB San Disk SSD, AMD Redwood X[AMD/ATI] Redwood XT [Radeon HD 5670/5690/5730] (prog-if 00[VGA controller])
pdc_2
Level 8
Level 8

Canon LBP6200d

Post by pdc_2 »

are you using 64bit mint please?

It might actually be best if you started a new thread;

with your LBP6200d in the title: you are worth it; then folks searching can find it

Return to “Printers & Scanners”