Epson Printers, All In Ones, etc...check here!!!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jibe
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jibe »

Hi,

Thanks, Run N Duck ! Maybe it will be the solution for my RX640 !

For the newbies, here is what I'll try as soon as possible, and should work well according to Run N Duck :

- Follow the link he gave, and find the driver for your printer,
- Download the RPM file (unless you find a .DEB file : this is to use directly with Debian, Ubuntu and Mint),
- in a terminal or console, just type :

Code: Select all

# sudo alien -c -d the_rpm_to_install.rpm
# dpkg -i the_rpm_to_install.deb
# /etc/init.d/cups restart
I'll let you know about it when it will be done, but you take no risk to try it now :wink:
Meteor
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Epson Printers, All In Ones, etc...check here!!!

Post by Meteor »

If you've been struggling with a scanner or printing from your Epson check this site out.

http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_ink.html[/quote]

Interestingly enough, as of 04 October 07, the 'avasys' site has been down for 'maintenance'. It really must be broke if it's taking them a whole month to maintain their site.

I'm now looking for a way to find a "current" scanner, i.e., one that is NOW on the store shelves (in North America) and that is supported by Linux (and Mint). On the 'Sourceforge' site, all I find are scanners that are in the state of 'archival' on store shelves with SANE or any other software not having been updated.

As Linux users, does this mean that we have to search the used computer stores (none of which exist in my area) for specific 'old' hardware?

Most frustrating. This may mean that I'll need to keep XP on my system so I can use my three or four year old (ancient in computer terms) Epson Perfection 1670 scanner.

Disappointed,
Meteor
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

Hi
Most frustrating. This may mean that I'll need to keep XP on my system so I can use my three or four year old (ancient in computer terms) Epson Perfection 1670 scanner.
Hi

Have you tried:
HOWTO: Epson Perfection 1670 Scanner (and other SnapScan scanners)

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-26911.html

Also:
libsane and libsane-extras provide backends for H P scanners: (in synaptic)

"This package includes some backends that are not yet included into the
official SANE distribution. Currently, they are :
* epkowa (some EPSON scanners)
* geniusvp2 (Genius ColorPage-Vivid Pro II)
* hp_rts88xx (HP ScanJet 4400C, HP ScanJet 4470C)
* hp3900 (HP ScanJet 3970C, HP ScanJet 4070, HP ScanJet 4370)"

Worked with my Epson multifunction
CX5400 also an older Epson model.

Never needed any additional firmware

Nick
Harry Webb

Post by Harry Webb »

I managed to get myCX8400 printing in Daryna by going to localhost:631 and downloading pipslite-1.0.2. unfortunately this does not work in Elyssa. However there is now a pipslite-1.0.3 which does the trick.
exXP (and not going back)
TheWhiteDemon

Post by TheWhiteDemon »

I saw that the previous post talks about the CX8400. I just wanted to say that I had sooooo much trouble trying to get my CX8400 to work in Elyssa with no luck. But in Felicia it works perfectly right out of the gate. The Cups people are doing a great job keeping the database pretty up to date.
bitbanger

Post by bitbanger »

I cannot get my Brother MFC-790cw network printer to install. Even after making a few changes to the provided recipe. (I needed to put "sudo" in front of the second and third commands. I also needed to make the directory /var/spool/lpd before the dpkg command would run.) So, there is something else that it required.

I go thru the ADD printer routine. I get to the "select printer from database", select "brother" but the driver for the mfc-790cw is still not present. Why?

bitbanger
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cato40 »

HiL
With regards to your help; I tried to obtain the driver for my 740 Epson, but the closest was a 680/770 driver in either an RPM ot tar GZ file, I tried the RPM file ,but to no avail. Any ideas ?
cato40 :(
DialTone

[Possible Solution] Epson ALC1100 in Ubuntu Jaunty / Mint 7

Post by DialTone »

I have an Epson ALC-1100 Networked Colour Laser printer... Previously in Mint 6, this worked fine, but in Mint 7 a few issues arose.

The bulk of the problem seems to be caused by a "mislocated" pstoalc1100.sh file (which is reported to be required for the printer to work). This can be solved (after installing the driver as per existing docs) from the terminal as follows...

sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/pstoalc1100.sh /usr/bin/pstoalc1100.sh
sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/alc1100 /usr/bin/alc1100
Not sure if this is also needed...

sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/alc1100_lprwrapper.sh /usr/bin/alc1100_lprwrapper.sh
Finally...

sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart
This allowed my printer to work, although completed jobs appear to "stick" in the print queue and require manual cancelling [although the job has already printed out just fine!] I will investigate this last point further when I get the time.

Not an ideal solution, I grant you, but might help others with similar issues.

Tony
Blutwurscht

Post by Blutwurscht »

Hey all

don't know if anybody cares or if this is worth mentioning, but I manged to get an Epson BX310Fn all-in-one to work over ethernet using the software provided by Epson/Avasys --> http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/spc/DL1.do

Had to build new pakets, which was in fact a rather daunting task for me as Linux noob. But it prints via ethernet and scans via ethernet. But no information on ink levels, though

The provided driver included with Mint for the BX300 wouldn't work at all.

regards

Frank
Methal

Post by Methal »

No matter what i've tried I keep getting the same error: "Driver missing: pstoalcx11.sh Not currently Installed" the file is there, yet everything I send to the printer never gets there. Mint tells me the print job was successful, but its just not working. I've googled and followed everything applicable that I have found.

I'm begging to really hate this printer.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Methal please give details

Post by pdc_2 »

maybe you just give a little more detail ..

which device are you using?

are you using 32bit (or 64bit Mint)?

which version?

where did you go for drivers please?
Methal

Re: Methal please give details

Post by Methal »

pdc_2 wrote:maybe you just give a little more detail ..

which device are you using?

are you using 32bit (or 64bit Mint)?

which version?

where did you go for drivers please?
Using the AcuLaser CX11NF Epson printer.

at first I was trying to get it to work on 64bit, then reinstalled 32 to rule out compatibility problems.

Mint 9

http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/mfp/DL1.do Is where I got the driver from. Choosing Epson-ALCX11-filter-1.1.tar.gz driver for CUPS.

I have tried as nearly as I could guides from both here: http://www.gedda.info/?p=132
and here: http://ubuntu-utah.ubuntuforums.org/sho ... p?t=894493

I say as nearly as I could because they are older guides and some of the things don't work (i.e sudo apt-get install libstdc++5 I did instead look for everything in synaptic with libstdc++6 which was as close as it got.)

TBH this is for my inlaws business. I am leaving in 10 days for basic training (army infantry HOOAH!) and really couldn't careless if it works or not. The Epson printer is a crappy old dinosaur of a junk printer/fax which they got because it was cheaper than the HP that I suggested that I KNEW would work. So they can cry me a freaking river if it doesn't work, I do have some pride in what I do, and not being able to make it work when so many have had good luck with them just irks me. hehe.
GeneC

Post by GeneC »

As a Newbie I wish to thank the linux forum again. Mint is my fav Linux OS (after trying a dozen). I keep coming back to it. This forum is one of the biggest reasons.

Today I got my new Epson NX510 all in one running with the help of this post, and its pointing me to AVASYS. I installed their driver and the printer worked fine, but no scan. After a little searching around on the AVASYS site, and having read on this thread about the ISCAN driver, I found what I thought was the right one. and dowloaded it (actually two files). Scanner is up and running... :D

I am sure I would never have found the drivers on my own.

Thanks FORUM!! :wink:
milamber

Post by milamber »

I 've just installed Aculaser CX11 on LMDE 64bit (The printer is attached via internet.)

Steps involved are:
- getting Epson-ALCX11-filter-1.1.tar.gz from www.avasys.jp
- build the driver from this source (./configure, sudo make install)
- move the installed files in the correct dir (/usr/local/bin/*alcx11* to /usr/bin)
- install packages libstdc++5 and ia32-libs

It took some time to mention the missiing ia32-libs.
Without it, you can install the CX11 with cups. The box acknoledges every print job with "file sent to printer", but the printer remains silent.
In this situation you should call "/usr/bin/alcx11" directly, it hopefully complain about missing depencies, which you can resolve afterwards.
Shadowfax
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Shadowfax »

Just got a Epson Artisan 835 and downloaded the avasy's driver and it works fine, although the quality could use improving.
Is there any software out there that could give me more control over the printer?

The generic linux interface is pretty bland and for some reason doesn't have the
'ultra photo' option....just 'best photo'

Thanxs
librechick

Post by librechick »

http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/se_terms_2_en.txt

If you read the license agreement above you will discover a problem with this program. Some of these printers rely on object code to work and that software is distributed under the conditions of a restrictive non-free license agreement. While LinuxMint includes some non-free drivers/firmware such hardware is anti-user. It makes it difficult to use, install, and maintain. The free software community can't fix bugs or make improvements. LinuxMint and other distributions work based on the cooperation of companies and individuals. When these companies don't play nice we all suffer. Your printer shouldn't break just because you upgrade or the manufacturer decides to stop supporting it.

Fortunately some projects have realised this and don't distribute non-free code any more. Debian, ALSA, linux-libre, and other projects are slowly moving us forward and making it easier to avoid these issues. While LinuxMint is a good starter distribution it would be nice if there were a program to let you know about the non-free software you were dependent on and how to go about finding freedom loving hardware.

HP is the only company that is making it clear (if you know what to look for) which printers are free software compatible. On the HP driver web site they list which printers require a plug-in or non-free firmware. If you can help it go with HP and don't buy those which are dependent on the non-free components.

http://www.thinkpenguin.com/ is committed to free software. They only sell hardware that is free software compatible. If you need a place to go and don't want to do any of the research I highly recommend them. Their end user support is great too.
oahida

Post by oahida »

Epson is the best brand for printer,i think so.i have
http://penta.com.au/index.php?main_page ... s_id=66648

this one since 1year using as scaner and printer and copier without faceing any hassle
red110kev

Post by red110kev »

OK. So today I bought an Epson SX445W all-in-one and installed the drivers from the avasys site, but I still get the 'usr/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster failed' message.

Tried removing/re-adding the printer, re-installing the lsb 3.2 package. I've been on this for hours and it's driving me nuts!

I used to have an Epson CX5400 hooked up no problem but it finally gave up the ghost so I went for another Epson thinking there would be no problem. How wrong was I?

When connected up it came up as an Epson SX440 - didn't work. Same gstoraster failed problem.

Found this post and tried installing from the avasys site but still no change.

HELP!

Can anyone point me in the right direction as I've spent hours and hours on the internet and I'm getting more and more confused?

I'm a total newbie to linux (got fed up with Windows) so have no great linux experience (I need it spelling out).

I'm on Mint 12.

Thanks.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Please install the system-config-printer-gnome package from Software Manager. Then please press Alt-F2 and run system-config-printer. There you have an easier tool for setting up printers. Please right-click your printer, go to Properties, and tell us what you see at "Make/model".

By the way, where do you see that gstoraster failed message?
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
red110kev

Post by red110kev »

Albert, you're a bloody genius!

Did as you said and installed system-config-printer and ran via alt+F2.

From properties, make and model was 'Epson Stylus 440, Epson Inkjet printer driver (ESC/P-R) for Linux [en]' so went to change the driver and found the one I had downloaded from avasys which was 'Epson Stylus SX440 Series epson-inkjet-printer 1.0.0.1lsb3.2 (Seiko epson corporation 3.2) [en]'

Applied the change and the printer works beautifully.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm in my 50's so some of this stuff is a bit too technical for me sometimes so you've saved me from reverting back to Windows just to get my printer working.

Cheers.

By the way, the gstorater failed message came up when I tried to print initially and a troubleshooting 'window' came up.
The full message was...

Page 1 (Scheduler not running?):
{'cups_connection_failure': False}
Page 2 (Is local server publishing?):
{'local_server_exporting_printers': False}
Page 3 (Choose printer):
{'cups_dest': <cups.Dest Epson-Stylus-SX440 (default)>,
 'cups_instance': None,
 'cups_queue': 'Epson-Stylus-SX440',
 'cups_queue_listed': True}
Page 4 (Check printer sanity):
{'cups_device_uri_scheme': u'usb',
 'cups_printer_dict': {'device-uri': u'usb://EPSON/Stylus%20SX440?serial=4E3956593134303663&interface=1',
                       'printer-info': u'EPSON Epson Stylus SX440',
                       'printer-is-shared': True,
                       'printer-location': u'administrator-NC182AA-ABU-SR5606UK',
                       'printer-make-and-model': u'Epson Stylus SX440, Epson Inkjet Printer Driver (ESC/P-R) for Linux',
                       'printer-state': 3,
                       'printer-state-message': u'/usr/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster failed',
                       'printer-state-reasons': [u'none'],
                       'printer-type': 135180,
                       'printer-uri-supported': u'ipp://localhost:631/printers/Epson-Stylus-SX440'},
 'cups_printer_remote': False,
 'is_cups_class': False,
 'local_cups_queue_attributes': {'auth-info-required': u'none',
                                 'charset-configured': u'utf-8',
                                 'charset-supported': [u'us-ascii', u'utf-8'],
                                 'color-supported': True,
                                 'compression-supported': [u'none', u'gzip'],
                                 'copies-default': 1,
                                 'copies-supported': (1, 9999),
                                 'cups-version': u'1.5.0',
                                 'device-uri': u'usb://EPSON/Stylus%20SX440?serial=4E3956593134303663&interface=1',
                                 'document-format-default': u'application/octet-stream',
                                 'document-format-supported': [u'application/octet-stream',
                                                               u'application/openofficeps',
                                                               u'application/pdf',
                                                               u'application/postscript',
                                                               u'application/vnd.adobe-reader-postscript',
                                                               u'application/vnd.cups-banner',
                                                               u'application/vnd.cups-pdf',
                                                               u'application/vnd.cups-postscript',
                                                               u'application/vnd.cups-raster',
                                                               u'application/vnd.cups-raw',
                                                               u'application/x-cshell',
                                                               u'application/x-csource',
                                                               u'application/x-perl',
                                                               u'application/x-shell',
                                                               u'image/gif',
                                                               u'image/jpeg',
                                                               u'image/png',
                                                               u'image/tiff',
                                                               u'image/x-bitmap',
                                                               u'image/x-photocd',
                                                               u'image/x-portable-anymap',
                                                               u'image/x-portable-bitmap',
                                                               u'image/x-portable-graymap',
                                                               u'image/x-portable-pixmap',
                                                               u'image/x-sgi-rgb',
                                                               u'image/x-sun-raster',
                                                               u'image/x-xbitmap',
                                                               u'image/x-xpixmap',
                                                               u'image/x-xwindowdump',
                                                               u'text/css',
                                                               u'text/html',
                                                               u'text/plain'],
                                 'finishings-default': 3,
                                 'finishings-supported': [3],
                                 'generated-natural-language-supported': [u'en-us'],
                                 'ipp-versions-supported': [u'1.0',
                                                            u'1.1',
                                                            u'2.0',
                                                            u'2.1'],
                                 'ippget-event-life': 15,
                                 'job-creation-attributes-supported': [u'copies',
                                                                       u'finishings',
                                                                       u'ipp-attribute-fidelity',
                                                                       u'job-hold-until',
                                                                       u'job-name',
                                                                       u'job-priority',
                                                                       u'job-sheets',
                                                                       u'media',
                                                                       u'media-col',
                                                                       u'multiple-document-handling',
                                                                       u'number-up',
                                                                       u'output-bin',
                                                                       u'output-mode',
                                                                       u'orientation-requested',
                                                                       u'page-ranges',
                                                                       u'print-quality',
                                                                       u'printer-resolution',
                                                                       u'sides'],
                                 'job-hold-until-default': u'no-hold',
                                 'job-hold-until-supported': [u'no-hold',
                                                              u'indefinite',
                                                              u'day-time',
                                                              u'evening',
                                                              u'night',
                                                              u'second-shift',
                                                              u'third-shift',
                                                              u'weekend'],
                                 'job-ids-supported': True,
                                 'job-k-limit': 0,
                                 'job-k-octets-supported': [304570680],
                                 'job-page-limit': 0,
                                 'job-priority-default': 50,
                                 'job-priority-supported': [100],
                                 'job-quota-period': 0,
                                 'job-settable-attributes-supported': [u'copies',
                                                                       u'finishings',
                                                                       u'job-hold-until',
                                                                       u'job-name',
                                                                       u'job-priority',
                                                                       u'media',
                                                                       u'media-col',
                                                                       u'multiple-document-handling',
                                                                       u'number-up',
                                                                       u'output-bin',
                                                                       u'output-mode',
                                                                       u'orientation-requested',
                                                                       u'page-ranges',
                                                                       u'print-quality',
                                                                       u'printer-resolution',
                                                                       u'sides'],
                                 'job-sheets-default': (u'none', u'none'),
                                 'job-sheets-supported': [u'none',
                                                          u'classified',
                                                          u'confidential',
                                                          u'secret',
                                                          u'standard',
                                                          u'topsecret',
                                                          u'unclassified'],
                                 'jpeg-k-octets-supported': (0, 304570680),
                                 'jpeg-x-dimension-supported': (0, 65535),
                                 'jpeg-y-dimension-supported': (1, 65535),
                                 'marker-change-time': 0,
                                 'media-bottom-margin-supported': [296, 0],
                                 'media-col-supported': [u'media-bottom-margin',
                                                         u'media-left-margin',
                                                         u'media-right-margin',
                                                         u'media-size',
                                                         u'media-source',
                                                         u'media-top-margin',
                                                         u'media-type'],
                                 'media-default': u'iso_a4_210x297mm',
                                 'media-left-margin-supported': [296, 0],
                                 'media-right-margin-supported': [296, 0],
                                 'media-supported': [u'oe_4-x6-full_4x6in',
                                                     u'oe_t4-x6-full_4x6in',
                                                     u'om_2-l_127x177.94mm',
                                                     u'om_t2-l_127x177.94mm',
                                                     u'iso_a4_210x297mm',
                                                     u'om_ta4_209.97x296.96mm'],
                                 'media-top-margin-supported': [296, 0],
                                 'multiple-document-handling-supported': [u'separate-documents-uncollated-copies',
                                                                          u'separate-documents-collated-copies'],
                                 'multiple-document-jobs-supported': True,
                                 'multiple-operation-time-out': 300,
                                 'natural-language-configured': u'en-us',
                                 'notify-attributes-supported': [u'printer-state-change-time',
                                                                 u'notify-lease-expiration-time',
                                                                 u'notify-subscriber-user-name'],
                                 'notify-events-default': [u'job-completed'],
                                 'notify-events-supported': [u'job-completed',
                                                             u'job-config-changed',
                                                             u'job-created',
                                                             u'job-progress',
                                                             u'job-state-changed',
                                                             u'job-stopped',
                                                             u'printer-added',
                                                             u'printer-changed',
                                                             u'printer-config-changed',
                                                             u'printer-deleted',
                                                             u'printer-finishings-changed',
                                                             u'printer-media-changed',
                                                             u'printer-modified',
                                                             u'printer-restarted',
                                                             u'printer-shutdown',
                                                             u'printer-state-changed',
                                                             u'printer-stopped',
                                                             u'server-audit',
                                                             u'server-restarted',
                                                             u'server-started',
                                                             u'server-stopped'],
                                 'notify-lease-duration-default': 86400,
                                 'notify-lease-duration-supported': (0,
                                                                     2147483647),
                                 'notify-max-events-supported': [100],
                                 'notify-pull-method-supported': [u'ippget'],
                                 'notify-schemes-supported': [u'dbus',
                                                              u'mailto',
                                                              u'rss'],
                                 'number-up-default': 1,
                                 'number-up-supported': [1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 16],
                                 'operations-supported': [2,
                                                          16423],
                                 'orientation-requested-default': None,
                                 'orientation-requested-supported': [3,
                                                                     6],
                                 'output-bin-default': u'face-up',
                                 'output-bin-supported': [u'face-up'],
                                 'output-mode-default': u'color',
                                 'output-mode-supported': [u'monochrome',
                                                           u'color'],
                                 'page-ranges-supported': True,
                                 'pages-per-minute': 1,
                                 'pages-per-minute-color': 1,
                                 'pdf-k-octets-supported': (0, 304570680),
                                 'pdf-versions-supported': [u'adobe-1.2',
                                                            u'adobe-1.3',
                                                            u'adobe-1.4',
                                                            u'adobe-1.5',
                                                            u'adobe-1.6',
                                                            u'adobe-1.7',
                                                            u'iso-19005-1_2005',
                                                            u'iso-32000-1_2008',
                                                            u'pwg-5102.3'],
                                 'pdl-override-supported': [u'attempted'],
                                 'port-monitor': u'none',
                                 'port-monitor-supported': [u'none'],
                                 'print-color-mode-default': u'color',
                                 'print-color-mode-supported': [u'monochrome',
                                                                u'color'],
                                 'print-quality-default': 4,
                                 'print-quality-supported': [4],
                                 'printer-commands': u'none',
                                 'printer-current-time': '(IPP_TAG_DATE)',
                                 'printer-dns-sd-name': None,
                                 'printer-error-policy': u'retry-job',
                                 'printer-error-policy-supported': [u'abort-job',
                                                                    u'retry-current-job',
                                                                    u'retry-job',
                                                                    u'stop-printer'],
                                 'printer-icons': u'http://localhost:631/icons/Epson-Stylus-SX440.png',
                                 'printer-info': u'EPSON Epson Stylus SX440',
                                 'printer-is-accepting-jobs': True,
                                 'printer-is-shared': True,
                                 'printer-location': u'administrator-NC182AA-ABU-SR5606UK',
                                 'printer-make-and-model': u'Epson Stylus SX440, Epson Inkjet Printer Driver (ESC/P-R) for Linux',
                                 'printer-more-info': u'http://localhost:631/printers/Epson-Stylus-SX440',
                                 'printer-name': u'Epson-Stylus-SX440',
                                 'printer-op-policy': u'default',
                                 'printer-op-policy-supported': [u'authenticated',
                                                                 u'default'],
                                 'printer-resolution-default': (300, 300, 3),
                                 'printer-resolution-supported': [(300,
                                                                   3)],
                                 'printer-settable-attributes-supported': [u'printer-info',
                                                                           u'printer-location'],
                                 'printer-state': 3,
                                 'printer-state-change-time': 1342278844,
                                 'printer-state-message': u'/usr/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster failed',
                                 'printer-state-reasons': [u'none'],
                                 'printer-type': 135180,
                                 'printer-up-time': 1342278935,
                                 'printer-uri-supported': [u'ipp://localhost:631/printers/Epson-Stylus-SX440'],
                                 'printer-uuid': u'urn:uuid:15e1163d-2c2c-38f9-7f1a-648c9f355e9a',
                                 'queued-job-count': 1,
                                 'server-is-sharing-printers': False,
                                 'sides-default': u'one-sided',
                                 'sides-supported': [u'one-sided'],
                                 'uri-authentication-supported': [u'requesting-user-name'],
                                 'uri-security-supported': [u'none'],
                                 'which-jobs-supported': [u'completed',
                                                          u'not-completed',
                                                          u'aborted',
                                                          u'all',
                                                          u'canceled',
                                                          u'pending',
                                                          u'pending-held',
                                                          u'processing',
                                                          u'processing-stopped']}}
Page 5 (Check PPD sanity):
{'cups_printer_ppd_defaults': {u'General': {u'Ink': u'COLOR',
                                            u'PageRegion': u'A4',
                                            u'PageSize': u'A4',
                                            u'Quality': u'PLAIN_NORMAL'}},
 'cups_printer_ppd_valid': True,
 'missing_pkgs_and_exes': ([], [])}
Page 6 (Local or remote?):
{'printer_is_remote': False}
Page 7 (Choose device):
{'cups_device_dict': {'device-class': u'direct',
                      'device-id': u'MFG:EPSON;CMD:ESCPL2,BDC,D4,D4PX,ESCPR1;MDL:Epson Stylus SX440;CLS:PRINTER;DES:EPSON Epson Stylus SX440;CID:EpsonRGB;FID:FXN,DPN,WFA,ETN,AFN,DAN;',
                      'device-info': u'Epson Stylus SX440',
                      'device-location': u'',
                      'device-make-and-model': u'Epson Stylus SX440'}}
Page 8 (Printer state reasons):
{'printer-state-message': u'/usr/lib/cups/filter/gstoraster failed',
 'printer-state-reasons': [u'none']}
Page 9 (Error log checkpoint):
{'cups_server_settings': {'BrowseLocalProtocols': 'CUPS dnssd',
                          'DefaultAuthType': 'Basic',
                          'JobPrivateAccess': 'default',
                          'JobPrivateValues': 'default',
                          'MaxLogSize': '0',
                          'SubscriptionPrivateAccess': 'default',
                          'SubscriptionPrivateValues': 'default',
                          'SystemGroup': 'lpadmin',
                          'WebInterface': 'Yes',
                          '_debug_logging': '0',
                          '_remote_admin': '0',
                          '_remote_any': '0',
                          '_remote_printers': '0',
                          '_share_printers': '0',
                          '_user_cancel_any': '0'},
 'error_log_checkpoint': 30256L,
 'error_log_debug_logging_set': True}
Page 10 (Error log fetch):
{'error_log': ['D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Dirty files", busy="Active clients and dirty files"',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdReadClient: 14 POST / HTTP/1.1',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Active clients and dirty files", busy="Dirty files"',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided.',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdReadClient: 14 1.1 Get-Jobs 1',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] Get-Jobs ipp://localhost/printers/',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] [Job 34] Loading attributes...',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] Returning IPP successful-ok for Get-Jobs (ipp://localhost/printers/) from localhost',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Dirty files", busy="Active clients and dirty files"',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdReadClient: 14 POST / HTTP/1.1',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Active clients and dirty files", busy="Dirty files"',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdAuthorize: No authentication data provided.',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdReadClient: 14 1.1 Get-Jobs 1',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] Get-Jobs ipp://localhost/printers/',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] [Job 32] Loading attributes...',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] [Job 33] Loading attributes...',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] Returning IPP successful-ok for Get-Jobs (ipp://localhost/printers/) from localhost',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Dirty files", busy="Active clients and dirty files"',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdReadClient: 14 GET /admin/conf/cupsd.conf HTTP/1.1',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdIsAuthorized: username=""',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdSendHeader: 14 WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="CUPS", trc="y"',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdCloseClient: 14',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdAcceptClient: 14 from localhost (Domain)',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdReadClient: 14 GET /admin/conf/cupsd.conf HTTP/1.1',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdAuthorize: Authorized as administrator using PeerCred',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdIsAuthorized: username="administrator"',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdAuthorize: Authorized as administrator using PeerCred',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] cupsdReadClient: 14 PUT /admin/conf/cupsd.conf HTTP/1.1',
               'I [14/Jul/2012:16:16:45 +0100] Installing config file "/etc/cups/cupsd.conf"...',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Dirty files", busy="Active clients and dirty files"',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] cupsdCloseClient: 14',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Dirty files", busy="Dirty files"',
               'I [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] Saving printers.conf...',
               'I [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] Generating printcap /var/run/cups/printcap...',
               'D [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Not busy", busy="Dirty files"',
               'E [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] Unknown directive JobPrivateAccess on line 88.',
               'E [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] Unknown directive JobPrivateValues on line 89.',
               'E [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] Unknown directive SubscriptionPrivateAccess on line 90.',
               'E [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] Unknown directive SubscriptionPrivateValues on line 91.',
               "W [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] failed to AddProfile: org.freedesktop.ColorManager.Failed:profile object path '/org/freedesktop/ColorManager/profiles/Epson_Stylus_SX440_Gray__' has already been added",
               "W [14/Jul/2012:16:16:46 +0100] failed to AddProfile: org.freedesktop.ColorManager.Failed:profile object path '/org/freedesktop/ColorManager/profiles/Epson_Stylus_SX440_RGB__' has already been added"],
 'error_log_debug_logging_unset': True}
Page 11 (Locale issues):
{'printer_page_size': u'A4',
 'system_locale_lang': None,
 'user_locale_ctype': 'en_GB',
 'user_locale_messages': 'en_GB'}
Last edited by red110kev on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: use of code blocks for readability

Return to “Printers & Scanners”