Epson Printers, All In Ones, etc...check here!!!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fisk-king

Re: Epson Printers, All In Ones, etc...check here!!!

Post by fisk-king »

Hello everyone,

I just installed Linux Mint 12 on my mothers computer but I cannot seem to get her Epson NX420 model working. I installed the lib 3.2 and set the printer as default, but whenever I try to print it only feeds all the printer papers without printing.

Can anyone help?
fisk-king

Post by fisk-king »

sorry for bumping this but can anyone help? I'm a total newb here.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

If you google on
epson linux printer drivers
the first hit is this: the official Epson Linux Driver site

http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/

If you scroll half-way down the page, and click on multi-functional inkjet printers, (as I understand yours is............>)

you get this

http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/spc/DL1.do

you select the model number (NX420??)

and you get this

http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/downl ... kjet/escp/

I think they want you to agree to a licence

if you use the Control-F function in your browser (FIND function..............)

you will see there is a specific driver for your 420 ..........called the 420driver; you need to work out if you are using 32bit or 64bit Mint on your mum's computer; and download the appropriate .deb package (Mint uses debian packages);

If you left-click to download, your system is likely to jump in and offer to install with gdebi installer; I would recommend you accept that offer and install the driver;

scanner: go to the scanner page

http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/scan/DL1.do

they say
"Image Scan! for Linux" is a scanner utility that makes it easy to obtain high quality images on Linux with your EPSON scanner or MFP (Multifunction Laser Printers) or All-in-Ones (Multifunction Inkjet Printers).
they ask you some questions: complete as you see fit and download the scan utility (you need the iscan .deb package)

let us know how you get along ......

...........by the way, you have posted on what I believe is a STICKY: these are threads at the beginning of a forum, that often have a HOW-TO;

Mint is more relaxed, but other forums frown, or lock, stickies to keep them to a focused information function:

hence folks may not have caught your posting: you are often better to start a new thread................good luck
fisk-king

Post by fisk-king »

thanks pdc_2 :D
dupek

Post by dupek »

I got yesterday the XP-310. I found the drivers at Epson site. Epson claim that officially do not support drivers for Linux, but they do. Strange. Got working printer.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

That they do not officially support it, means that they don't provide technical support by e-mail or phone. They do have drivers, but may not help you out if you have a problem using or installing them.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
joelpaz

Post by joelpaz »

I'm using Linux Mint 15 olivia, cinnamon and ubuntu 13.10 and erased windows from the 320 Gb harddisk of my notebook. I bought an epson expression xp-201 all-in-one but the linux applications that I have installed (simple scan and xsane) don't recognize the scanner. It recognizes the printer with the Printers application and prints but doesn't recognize the scanner with the scanner apps. I've checked just about all the threads and tried the commands in the terminal but nothing happens. I also visited the web sites but epson says it doesn't support Linux drivers and the other site doesn't have any driver downloads anymore. I know I have to install some drivers so that the scanner will work. Help please. Note: The epson all-in-one works fine with another laptop that has windows but I would rather use Mint.
alexjoseph

Post by alexjoseph »

Thanks for sharing such a useful information.
axd250

Post by axd250 »

First, thanks for all the previous good information!
I have a notebook dell Inspiron N5010 and I'm using Linux Mint 16 Petra, cinnamon. I bought an Epson L355 all-in-one and I've already downloaded the printer and scan drivers for linux from Epson website: epson-inkjet-printer-201207w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb and iscan_2.29.3-1~usb0.1.ltdl7_i386.deb, but I need basic help for installing then, since the system doesn't recognize them automatically.
mich69

Post by mich69 »

instillation for the epson all in one xp-610 printer
I need your help regarding an instillation for the epson all in one xp-610 printer to work on my lap top computer using Linux mint lisa. I tried to download the Epson-XP-610_Series-epson-driver and saved to my computer but still didn't work.. if it's wired only printing blank page and wireless printing nothing! Also I'm not an expert on that specially running an application or an installation to run the driver to my computer! so if you can please tell me what to do and the steps to install it I do really appreciated!

Thank you in advance,

Mik
bboe

Post by bboe »

@ axd250
Did you try double-click on the .deb file and then click on "install"?
oldtraveler

Post by oldtraveler »

bboe wrote:@ axd250
Did you try double-click on the .deb file and then click on "install"?
Trying to install my Epson XP-400 on the new Mint 17 when I click on the deb file (which I saved from the epson site for linux drivers)
I get en error message stating "Broken dependencies" . Further in the message it says to run sudo spt-get install -f in a terminal window. After completing that process it still won't print.

If I try installing by "adding a printer" it recognizes the printer and installs (supposedly) the driver. The printer shows up as an installed printer, but it only spews out blank pages.

Where do I go from here?
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

You are often much better starting a new thread; this is one of this "goes on for ever" threads
on the new Mint 17
Gosh; I didn't think it was officially released; the one last Friday was a RC which means release candidate; which is a check it out folks version; did you install the 64bit version?

can you paste this into a terminal please
dpkg -l | grep epson-inkjet-printer
and paste back what you get please;

so your printer is joined by usb cable to a standalone computer

what does
/usr/sbin/lpinfo -v
give please?
oldtraveler

Post by oldtraveler »

pdc_2 wrote:You are often much better starting a new thread; this is one of this "goes on for ever" threads
on the new Mint 17
can you paste this into a terminal please
dpkg -l | grep epson-inkjet-printer
and paste back what you get please;
I get nothing.

so your printer is joined by usb cable to a standalone computer

what does
/usr/sbin/lpinfo -v
give please?

network https
network socket
network http
network lpd
network ipp
network ipps
network ipp14
direct hp
network smb
direct hpfax
network dnssd://EPSON%20XP-400%20Series._ipp._tcp.local/
network lpd://192.168.1.5:515/PASSTHRU
My printer is wireless on a router.

I am trying a re-install today. Now adding a printer hangs up on trying to install driver epson-inkjet-printer-201203W
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

thanks
I am trying a re-install today
good luck: 32bit? 64bit? Do let us know; I stick with 32bit as printers are often happier with 32bit systems;
Now adding a printer hangs up on trying to install driver epson-inkjet-printer-201203W
..... can you describe in more detail what is happening............. in Mint, when you click to Download, you are usually offered two options:

OPEN or SAVE (the package you are downloading); if you select OPEN, it oftens offers: open with gdebi installer; that is usually a great option to select as the install is done; as the download occurs; and as dpkg is doing it, it is all recorded and reconciled in your system; a memory of what has been installed is kept;

so to get the driver, I would go here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX and tap in XP-400 and end up here

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... e3a4e486ad

for 32bit I would select epson-inkjet-printer-201203w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb
for 64bit I would select epson-inkjet-printer-201203w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb

that's what you did?

the plan would be: 1)stable system; 2)add epson drivers; 3)then configure printer: your system should pick up wireless printer; click to add it
oldtraveler

Post by oldtraveler »

Edited on June 1, 2014.
See post #3 below!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you.

I was trying to use the generic dpson driver. When I tried the (64 bit) full feature driver, ti worked.
Last edited by oldtraveler on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

When I tried the (64 bit) full feature driver, it worked.
that's great! Enjoy!

...............with a new thread, you could now triumphantly have headed your title; SOLVED

well done
oldtraveler

Post by oldtraveler »

Just installed the new Mint 17 (not the RC).

Trying to install the Epson XP-400 printer again.

1. When I go to add printer, it is recognized. When the driver 201203W is located and after I accept the license, the installation begins BUT GOES NOWHERE i.e. It loads about half way in the installation window and stops forever.

2. When I download the driver file (epson-inkjet-printer-201203w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb) to my desktop and then ask GDebi package installer to install it, this is what I see in the terminal:
Selecting previously unselected package epson-inkjet-printer-201203w.
(Reading database ... 150249 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../epson-inkjet-printer-201203w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking epson-inkjet-printer-201203w (1.0.0-1lsb3.2) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of epson-inkjet-printer-201203w:
epson-inkjet-printer-201203w depends on lsb (>= 3.2); however:
Package lsb is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package epson-inkjet-printer-201203w (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
epson-inkjet-printer-201203w

How can I get around this and get the printer installed?
oldtraveler

Post by oldtraveler »

SOLVED

AFTER all the software updating was done, then it worked by using the add printer process.
Dexter.Boneham

Post by Dexter.Boneham »

Where are you sourcing the drivers?
I downloaded the drivers from the Epkowa.jp site shown earlier in this thread for my Epson V33 a year or so ago and it works fine.

I'm planning to move to Mint 17, but foolishly, didn't keep the deb downloads for the drivers. I just checked the website, but it seems to have dropped all linux drivers.

Is there another website I can get the drivers or is there a way to save the existing drivers in my current system prior to installation of Mint 17?

Return to “Printers & Scanners”