Canon LBP3000

Forum rules
Before you post please read this
rohdes
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Canon LBP3000

Post by rohdes » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:58 am

Yes, I am still new to Linux. Please provide a little more detail. and Thank You

pdc_2
Level 8
Level 8

Post by pdc_2 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:00 am

well perhaps first if I cover how to read the guide that Canon provide; assuming you downloaded the 2.7 CAPT driver to your Downloads folder; it comes down as a tar.gz file; get it from here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/cont ... 59601.html

......... oh and if you delete any pre-existing LBP packages in your PRINTERS folder ?? and all the things you need to paste into a terminal; to do stuff; should be in red: so follow the red!!

If you open the Downloads folder from your desktop; and right-click on the Linux_CAPT_PrinterDriver_V270_uk_EN.tar.gz and select EXTRACT and extract it to your Downloads folder; then open the green CAPT folder and open the DOC folder; then right-click on the guide-capt-2.7xUK.tar.gz and again extract it to the Downloads folder; it should appear as a green folder so open it and right-click on the index.html file and select "OPEN WITH FIREFOX ..." then go to your Firefox and you should find the Canon install guide there ........ I will try to give instructions but still it is useful to have the instructions; and if you BOOKMARK the tab; you can always open it again.

so Canon say:

1) install the drivers: cndrvcups-common_3.20-1_amd64.deb first then cndrvcups-capt_2.70-1_amd64.deb ...........are you all good on how to do that?

2) restart CUPS and the command in a terminal is
sudo service cups restart
......... you happy to open a terminal and paste a command ........... instead of control v it is shift-control-v in the terminal ..

3) Register the printer (PPD) with the print spooler. This is where the syntax has to be exact: I see the LBP6000 uses the ppd file that is called CNCUPSLBP6018CAPTK.ppd (it is in /usr/share/cups/model and if you look there, all the ppd files for CAPT have been placed there .........)

so I think the command for you should be
sudo /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p LBP6000 -P /usr/share/cups/model/CNCUPSLBP6018CAPTK.ppd -v ccp://localhost:59787 -E
4) Register the printer in the ccpd daemon setup file.
sudo /usr/sbin/ccpdadmin -p LBP6000 -o /dev/usb/lp1
that assumes you are still using your Brother printer as your first-off printer; so it is called lp0 and your Canon LBP6000 will be second-off so it is lp1 and you need to make sure your always awaken the Brother first; see it is live then turn on the Canon

5) Start ccpd daemon.
sudo /etc/init.d/ccpd start
now if you go into LibreOffice or some such; and select to Print a page, you should see an LBP6000 offering ...........and it should print ............ any joy?

pdc_2
Level 8
Level 8

Post by pdc_2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi there rohdes; how is coming along; are there points I can clarify or help you with?

Return to “Printers & Scanners”