pls help me with my hp printer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bandsolids

pls help me with my hp printer

Post by bandsolids »

It's a HP Deskjet 1115 ink advantage, the system recognizes it but it doesn't print anything. It appears as HP DeskJet 1110 series. I've installed everything I found via synaptic that relates to hp, hpijs-ppd, gutenprint, openprinting, 200 megs of additional printer drivers, tried different kernels still nothing, currently using 4.2.8-040208ckt7-generic. Haven't found any ppd file relating to this printer. The OS is the latest linuxmint 17.3. I had apparmor on the system but I've uninstalled that as well thinking it was the source of the problem. The cable is good the cartridges are brand new matter of fact this printer has never been used before. I need to print out some CV to get a job, so if the printer is totally incompatible with the OS I'm willing to buy a new one.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Superannuated
Level 4
Level 4

Re: pls help me with my hp printer

Post by Superannuated »

The driver you want is HPLIP. For your printer the minimum version number is 3.15.7. The link below has this information
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/mo ... eries.html

In the software repo the current number is 3.15.2, so that one is not going to work. Go to the link above and over on the left hand margin under Install and Setup you will find a link to Download the current version and a link for Install instructions. Use the instructions for Mint 17.3.

Let us know if you get hung up and need more help.

Concerning your CV, is there a retail store near you where you can print out your CV, such as a Kinkos/FedEx store (in the USA)? I'd do that first before trying to get your printer to work.
bandsolids

Re: pls help me with my hp printer

Post by bandsolids »

That worked thanks, just installed version 3.15.2 and it recognizes the printer as HP deskjet 1050.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”