Kodak Verite 55 printer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gdeyou

Kodak Verite 55 printer

Post by gdeyou »

I am new to Linux Mint 18 Mate which I recently installed on an Amilo Li272 32 bit as a Linix trial and in the hope of moving away from MS OS .Trying set to up my systems etc but unable to get my Kodak Verite 55 printer working. I downloaded from Kodak site their recommended Linux 32 bit version 1.1.7.1 . I have used the Mint trouble shooter and have the troubleshoot txt printout if somebody would be able to help resolve my problem. I am not able to understand this printout myself,( I am a bit lost when it gets technical). Assistance would be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Kodak Verite 55 printer

Post by richyrich »

This website doesn't even show your printer model . . :(

http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/Kodak

Can you give us the link you used to download ?
gdeyou

Post by gdeyou »

Hello richyrich
I went to http://www.funaihelp.com/kodak/printer/downloads and followed instructions ie clicked verite 55 and then linux 32 bit
Hope this helps
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

I see it is a .deb file (too bad they didn't provide any descriptions or instructions).
What happened when you double-clicked the downloaded deb file to install? Any error messages?
gdeyou

Post by gdeyou »

There was no error message, indication was okay. I thought great sorted but then when I tried to print a page a window opened and
said could not start printer check configuration which I did. Printers local host Window opened and lists my printer & says connected to localhost.
lightfoot44

Post by lightfoot44 »

I have the exact same printer you have....a Kodak 55 verite eco. My pc is 64 bit, so I had to download the 3 downloads off the Funai help site. My printer still didn't work. Then I REINSTALLED all 3 downloads, and my printer started working. Since you seem to have a 32 bit computer, I'm not sure if this will work for you, but you might want to give it a try. Even though my printer works fine, it does NOT have the ink cartridge dialog box that I got with windows to indicate the ink levels in each cartridge. No big deal, but probably something you should be aware of.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Installation via Gdebi does not work. You need to extract deb-package and open Terminal into extracted

Code: Select all

KODAK-VERITE-postscript-v1.0.7.4.i386/usr/local/KODAK-VERITE-KDBAD/ppd/KODAK-VERITE-KDBAD-PPD-Files
folder and run the installer as

Code: Select all

sudo ./install_ppd.sh
You need to accept the EULA when installing.
eula.png
After installing ppd files, add the printer via Printers

More info about printers can read from:
https://www.computerhope.com/unix/ulpstat.htm

Return to “Printers & Scanners”