Two sided scanning with SimpleScan? - HP Officejet 7612

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ScottBouch

Two sided scanning with SimpleScan? - HP Officejet 7612

Post by ScottBouch »

Hi all,

I use this neat printer / scanner for work on a windows machine using the HP software, which allows two-sided scanning.

It has a single sided document feeder, the windows HP software scans side A of all sheets, then asks you to turn the sheets around - it then scans side B of all sheets and interleaves the resultant images to make one PDF in the right order, or a series of images with serial numbers in the correct order.

I've used SimpleScan on my Mint machine quite successfully to use the document feeder, but only one sided.. Is there an easy way to use SimpleScan to scan both sides and interleave the resultant images like the HP software does? Or are there alternative scanning applications I should be looking into?

(I'm using it over my network via Ethernet connection, as it's a shared resource between several computers.)

Many thanks, Scott.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ScottBouch

Re: Two sided scanning with SimpleScan? - HP Officejet 7612

Post by ScottBouch »

I'm an idiot - I've just figured it out with SimpleScan...

Scan all side A's, then all Side B's, and SimpleScan gives you an option to interleave the pages like the HP software on Windows.
Screenshot from 2016-09-29 17-11-49.png
Job done with SimpleScan!

Cheers, Scott.

Topic can be closed....

Return to “Printers & Scanners”