Shared Printer doesn't work

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Shared Printer doesn't work

Post by overkill22 »

I'm getting mad, I spent all the morning trying to make my laptop with mint 17.3 print from the printer that is connected to the modem.
The address I put is:

Code: Select all

http://vodafone.station:631/printers/ML2160Series
where `vodafone.station:631` is the host and the rest is the printer. I tried all the different combination without success.
on my windows pc I can print without porblems using the address above.
my cups server is running.
what's the problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Shared Printer doesn't work

Post by overkill22 »

Hello guys,
I still have the same problem, anyone can help me finding a solution? The printer is working fine with all the devices other than my linux laptop...
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

hi there; sorry to hear of your issues;

what about ........ deleting the existing entry in your PRINTERS folder .......... as you say it doesn't work (before doing that, you could hit the F1 key whilst in the PRINTERS folder as that runs the Troubleshooting Wizard for printers ...)

but if you delete the existing entry; ............ did the Wizard have any useful feedback? ....... then try the ADD button at top-left of the PRINTERS folder; ......... to ADD a new printer .. in that option, select NETWORK PRINTER ....... sit back while it looks around ......... does it find your Samsung? If your system can find it, it will have a good at its own install and config ......... any joy?
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Post by overkill22 »

pdc_2 wrote:hi there; sorry to hear of your issues;

what about ........ deleting the existing entry in your PRINTERS folder .......... as you say it doesn't work (before doing that, you could hit the F1 key whilst in the PRINTERS folder as that runs the Troubleshooting Wizard for printers ...)

but if you delete the existing entry; ............ did the Wizard have any useful feedback? ....... then try the ADD button at top-left of the PRINTERS folder; ......... to ADD a new printer .. in that option, select NETWORK PRINTER ....... sit back while it looks around ......... does it find your Samsung? If your system can find it, it will have a good at its own install and config ......... any joy?
nope, nothing.
I tried to install the printer in all the possible ways without any success.

It does see the network that is called VODAFONE. but then it does not see the printer that is supposed to be under that network. If I put manually the right printer address it doesn't print too.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”