Fixing Printer Parameters against changing unintentionally?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tilo

Fixing Printer Parameters against changing unintentionally?

Post by Tilo »

Hello,

Mint Cinnamon, Canon 4850 [driver 4800 that is] USB all work fine. I have installed (for one and the same printer) different printers (=drivers?files?) with different options so as to select with each job simply the "printer" with the options for what tray to use, printing size, b/w and so on. However I find, that the parameters given via "PRINTER" change by themselfs, seems, depending on the last printjob or programm (or whatever).

Came up with the idea to edit printer files and try to fix them so to force the same result each time, but the 18 pages of instruction I found come up with folders and files I can not find, like printcap under /etc.

Question:
is there a way to force to use always the same options for a certain installed Printer?

Another description of above:
If I select "Printers" I get the window "Printers - localhost" showing in my case 4 Printers (for one and the same USB-printer) with however under Properties different selected printer options (size, tray etc.) ALL of them work fine, but unpredictibel in options choosen. All the time when selecting a printer I have to go through properties again to check for changes (by the system).

Thanks,
Tilo
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Tilo

Re: Fixing Printer Parameters against changing unintentionally?

Post by Tilo »

Eventually I stumbled over the solution, quite simple:

http://localhost:631

Return to “Printers & Scanners”