Installing a Pantum M6602NW printer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
drsauerhoefer

Installing a Pantum M6602NW printer

Post by drsauerhoefer »

I am a new Linux Mint user and I can not get my Pantum M6602NW printer to work. Has anyone ever installed a Pantum printer?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Installing a Pantum M6602NW printer

Post by jimallyn »

Drivers for Linux here:

http://global.pantum.com/global/drive/m6602nw/

Setup instructions for a different model:

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2303169
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
drsauerhoefer

Post by drsauerhoefer »

Ok I downloaded the Linux driver from Pantum website to the Downloads folder. Then I extracted the file. Then I clicked on the Pantum driver folder. First of all the driver file is "greyed out." After clicking on the folder I get an error message "Archive Manager can not open this file." The file went to the Downloads folder, not Archives Mgr folder. While in the Linux chat room, I was told Never ever use Archive Mgr. Can any one tell me what I am doing wrong?
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

would you be happy to use a terminal? (control alt t will do that for you). I have downloaded the driver to look at it

If you copy and paste these commands: to paste into a terminal, you may find by right-clicking on the prompt line of the terminal, that the paste option is seen from the list
cd Downloads
tar -zxvf Pantum-M6200-M6500-M6550-M6600-MS6000-Series-LINUX-Driver-V1-4-0-tar.gz
cd ADF_LinuxInstaller
sudo ./install.sh
does that run an install script for you? ...........best have your printer plugged in and turned on
drsauerhoefer

Post by drsauerhoefer »

Thank you so much. Your instructions worked perfect!!! My Pantum M6602NW is now working with Linux.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

SOLVED: Pantum M6602NW printer works well Mint

Post by pdc_2 »

that's great; delighted to hear it is working well; as you are the owner of this thread, you can go to thread tools: top right? and there is an ability to add SOLVED: then anyone searching can find the advice
minttuilee

Post by minttuilee »

I installed Pantum P2500W printer to my Linux Mint 18.1 Serena 64-bit computer. First I downloaded driver file from the Pantum webside to "downloads" folder and extracted the file. Then I opened "Pantum P2200-P2500 Series Linux Driver V1.80" folder. Then opened in it folder called "Linuxinstall". Inside it opened another folder called "Resources" and in it I chose Deb-file folder, that matched to my computer, (64bit). this opened Software Center App and then just clicked "install". That's all. :)
Jimfull50

Post by Jimfull50 »

Thanks Minttuilee. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to install my P2500 w on Mint. According to the Pantum help desk it wouldn't work. Your instructions worked perfectly. One step closer to ditching Windows :D
kc8oye
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kc8oye »

Those of you who have a Pantum Laser printer, how well does it work with Linux? Seriously considering one because they are so cheap...

Return to “Printers & Scanners”