HP Office Jet 6500 Solved

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

HP Office Jet 6500 Solved

Post by borgward »

I got HP Office Jet 6500 wireless for $3. Wiindows test page prints black OK. Colors iffy. Will it work well with MInt? If not I will toss before investing in Ink. Any advice about network connections?

A tip for clogged Ink Jets. Only use the manufacturers Black ink. Color by others or self refill ok. You can unclog ink jets. Empty and thoroughly clean old cartridges and then fill w/distilled water and run the cleaning function. Sometimes several times.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: HP Office Jet 6500

Post by pdc_2 »

it may well be just fine; hplip should be installed in Mint as a default background programme; it should detect the printer; we tried a borrowed wireless HP recently; it was reluctant to join with the router; despite being given the password; doing a usb connect allowed it to do the wireless connect and then it was all good with the wireless
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

Post by borgward »

The latest version of hplip is already installed. I tried connecting the printer to my laptop using Ethernet cable. The laptop does not see it but does see my HP Lazerjet 1100 if I connect with a USB X printer port cable.

I have never connected a printer to my router before. Maybe I should connect the wireless printer to my wrt54 router with an Ethernet cable for setup?
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

Post by borgward »

I ran synaptic and reinstalled hplip. I then found Network setup on the printer and configure the wireless connection to my router. I am now able to print from my laptop.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”