I can't install Canon LBP 2900

Forum rules
Before you post please read this
erkin7734
Level 1
Level 1

I can't install Canon LBP 2900

Post by erkin7734 »

I'm having trouble installing the Canon LBP 2900 driver in Linux Mint 17 Qianna Cinnamon x32. Added a printer in the "Printers". When I print the page will show an alert that the print is successfully completed but the practical is not right.
pdc_2
Level 8
Level 8

install Canon LBP 2900; you need Canon's CAPT driver

Post by pdc_2 »

so this needs Canon's CAPT driver; which you can get from here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/cont ... 59601.html

it is the 2.71 version; I see that Canon only updated it a week ago; it comes down as linux-capt-drv-v271-uken.tar.gz so click to download and SAVE and it should end up in your Downloads folder .........
we will need you to use the terminal; the tv screen on the bottom tool bar; if you click to open it; and if you right-click at the text prompt you should see a menu there and you can select PASTE to paste the commands that are below;

so there are 3 steps:
1)install the drivers
2) register the printer
3) register it in the ccpd daemon ......... one needs this extra step for the CAPT driver

________
1) driver install; paste in these commands line by line to the terminal and hit the ENTER key after each paste

Code: Select all

cd Downloads

tar -zxvf linux-capt-drv-v271-uken.tar.gz

cd linux-capt-drv-v271-uken/32-bit_Driver/Debian

sudo dpkg -i cndrvcups-common_3.21-1_i386.deb

sudo dpkg -i cndrvcups-capt_2.71-1_i386.deb
......... and that should be the drivers installed
so restart CUPS with

sudo service cups restart
_________
2) printer registration.............

sudo /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p LBP2900 -m CNCUPSLBP2900CAPTK.ppd -v ccp://localhost:59787 –E

assuming you have only one printer (the LBP2900) and it is usb connected the next command is

sudo /usr/sbin/ccpdadmin -p LBP2900 -o /dev/usb/lp0
then we start up the ccpd daemon, having introduced it to your new LBP entry .........

sudo /etc/init.d/ccpd start
......... try a test print ......... eg from LibreOffice .......... any joy?

Return to “Printers & Scanners”