Printer is scanning but not printing documets

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
africanlion

Printer is scanning but not printing documets

Post by africanlion »

When i scan documents it is doing so and i am able to save them on the desktop but when i write a document and sent to printer the printer runs but prints a blank page

Help please
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Printer is scanning but not printing documets

Post by pdc_2 »

would you be willing to disclose on the forum what type of printer you are using?
africanlion

Re: Printer is scanning but not printing documets

Post by africanlion »

Its an Epson Stylus Rx640

Thanks
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Epson RX640 driver needed

Post by pdc_2 »

my apologies for missing this;

this venerable 11yr old printer is driven by the generic epson driver; so the screenshot shows it should have built in support;

if you got ADMINISTRATION and then into PRINTERS, is there an icon for your Epson? If so, right-click on that icon; when that opens, (it should open on PROPERTIES....) ..look down to MAKE & MODEL: drag the screen to the right so you can see all that is there ..

if it doesn't say RX640; click on the the CHANGE button; pause while it does its thing; start in the Epson options ............. I found RX640 nearly at the bottom of a huge list of Epson options; select that: does it now print?

-___________________--

I will ask the forum moderators to move this into the sub-forum of PRINTERS & SCANNERS so look there if you can't find it in general hardware .......
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Epson RX640 driver needed

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

pdc_2 wrote:I will ask the forum moderators to move this into the sub-forum of PRINTERS & SCANNERS so look there if you can't find it in general hardware
Moved as requested.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].

Return to “Printers & Scanners”