HPLIP

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MarkFreese

HPLIP

Post by MarkFreese »

I don't really have a question, because I know what is not working for me.
http://hplipopensource.com not working, so I cannot set up my printer.
Can someone send someone an email to get it going again?
MarkFreese
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: HPLIP

Post by Oscar799 »

Getting a server error with that link
The content you are looking for may be here https://sourceforge.net/projects/hplip/
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

But please note that HPLIP is installed by default on Mint. If you have a very new printer you may need to manually install a new version but otherwise you only need to sudo apt-get install hplip-gui for the tools, then setup your printer through Preferences -> HPLIP Toolbox.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

Mark; would you feel able on an open forum like this to disclose which model of HP that you own? If so, we could perhaps check things out and offer some suggestions to help you
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
Cassiopeia08

Post by Cassiopeia08 »

I am having the same issues with HPLIP. Unable to download drivers - my HP Officejet Pro 8600 is printing out documents at over 400%+ and I just cannot figure out what is wrong. Please help.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

so Cassio;

I think your 8600 needs hplip version 3.11 ......... you don't tell us which version of Mint you are using; but if you are using 18.1, it has 3.16 so that should be installed; and available to help you; so that should be fine; you don't need a newer version;

If you start bottom-left at MENU: up to ADMINISTRATION; thence to PRINTERS; right-click on the icon there for your 8600; drag the window to the right so you can see all the writing;

Please tell us what DEVICE URI says and what the line below: MAKE & MODEL says ......................

Return to “Printers & Scanners”