(solved) Brother MFC-J6935DW halted during installation ???

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xtal_01
Level 3
Level 3

(solved) Brother MFC-J6935DW halted during installation ???

Post by xtal_01 »

Fresh install of Cinnamon 18.2 64 bit

Installed Samba .... Windows 10 and 7 computers talk to this linux computer!

I have a Brother MFC-J6935DW set up as a network printer.

Went to the brother site ... downloaded the installer .... off it went ....

Not sure if i did the right thing when asked for the Device URI ... wow ... 15 chooses!

I picked 15 : 15 (A): Auto. (dnssd://Brother%20MFC-J6935DW._ipp._tcp.local/?uuid=e3248000-80ce-11db-8000-30055cf8653f)

It printed a test page so I am guessing this worked???

Then it automatically started installing the scanner (this is an all in one machine with a document feeder).

It asked for the IP address. I looked at the LCD screen on the unit .. found it under network and entered it.

It then printed this:

brsaneconfig4 -a name=MFC-J6935DW model=MFC-J6935DW ip=10.0.0.15
Michael-Linux Downloads #

The first line is in blue .... Michae-Llinux is in red and Dowloads # is in blue

And here it sits.

Is it finished??? Is it stuck???? Is it waiting on me to do something????

Trying to figure out where to go from here.

Thanks .... Mike
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Brother MFC-J6935DW halted during installation ???

Post by pdc_2 »

that line .... of brscan4 ......... is normally run through a terminal; when a manual install is done ......... it would seem likely that the Brother install is set up to run that for you ...... can you scan now?
xtal_01
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Brother MFC-J6935DW halted during installation ???

Post by xtal_01 »

Hmmmm ... kind of ...

I don't see any software on the computer for scanning that brother put in place.

When I am on the brother, I hit scan to a file ..... I see the two windows computers but not the linux computer as an option to scan to.

I did just try simple scan and it sees the scanner and from LibreOffice, in a document, I can go to insert graphic ... scan ... and bring up a scanning window.

Does this mean it is working?

If so , a lot missing.

I should be able to go to the scanner .... pick scan to a file ... and have it come up on the computer.

It says on the brothers site "install software for one touch scanning" .... don't see that.

Mike

Return to “Printers & Scanners”