Epson XP-510 Wireless [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WISEGUYTR

Epson XP-510 Wireless [SOLVED]

Post by WISEGUYTR »

Hi, I am trying to find ways to make use of my Epson XP-510, which is a wireless printer / scanner.

I have no clue how I can connect to the AIO machine for printer nor scanner.

Any ideas ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Epson XP-510 Wireless

Post by kyphi »

The first thing to do is to connect the machine to power and use a USB cable to connect to your computer. Reboot.
Next, open System Settings in your main menu, scroll down to Hardware and then Printers to see if your printer is recognised.

Otherwise, go to the Epson Download Centre http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX type in XP-510, click on the search icon and you will see the drivers available for your machine. Since you do not state your architecture I cannot advise you further.

Please note that it is better to get your machine to work via USB in the first instance and activate wi-fi later.
To use wi-fi see viewtopic.php?f=42&t=225289
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
WISEGUYTR

Post by WISEGUYTR »

kyphi wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:57 pm The first thing to do is to connect the machine to power and use a USB cable to connect to your computer. Reboot.
Next, open System Settings in your main menu, scroll down to Hardware and then Printers to see if your printer is recognised.

Otherwise, go to the Epson Download Centre http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX type in XP-510, click on the search icon and you will see the drivers available for your machine. Since you do not state your architecture I cannot advise you further.

Please note that it is better to get your machine to work via USB in the first instance and activate wi-fi later.
To use wi-fi see viewtopic.php?f=42&t=225289
Sorry, as I do not have a USB cable this had been something I have delayed for some time. Now I have installed the deb drivers directly from Epson site and managed to get the scanner to worl over wireless network with xane, but I strongly wish to use the Epson ImageScan software which doesn't detect the networked scanner.

Any ideas on how ?
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kyphi »

This is where a configuration file change involving "epkowa" comes in:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=225289

After making the changes described Image Scan! for Linux will work.

If you need more details just ask :)
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

what you typically have to do, is to tell the Printers WiFi setup - the details of your Router's WiFi details.

then, you connect to your Routers WiFi as normal, and then use Control Center to setup your Epson Printer,
- you may need to download the Epson drivers from their web site, if the LinuxMint doesn't recognize your printer.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”